Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper than Malaysia. Hotel

Liked

Re: Cheaper than Malaysia. Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Perhaps you might want to look at the offerings by Airbnb. Apartments etc for rent by the day, week, and month. The rates are competitive and almost fully furnished with basic kitchen and washing machine/drier.
    Thank you for your advice in the above post, dinagam. I had a quick search on airbnb and saw a couple of possibilities within my price range in the area I am currently living in. Later today, when I have more time, I shall conduct a more detailed search.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Jellybean, I don't have experience of long term in Pattaya. My holidays only run to 2 or 3 weeks. But I much prefer the privacy an apartment offers. I stayed at Yensabai Condo in January, and at Mosaik for a few trips, and could easily imagine myself living there for a couple of months. I have no idea what their prices are for long term. I presume cheaper than I would pay as a tourist. I hope you don't think I'm trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs, just offering my opinion, for what it's worth.
    And thank you too for your advice joe552. And don’t worry, I would never think you were teaching a granny to suck eggs. I asked for advice and yours is as good as any.

I shall be in Pattaya next month, for 4 days, and I’ll pop into Mosaik and Yensabai and ascertain what sort of rates they would charge for a 3 month stay.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jellybean
    I stay in Yensabai condo for periods of up fo 4 months. If you need a room in January you need to book early, like now!
    My rent is 700 per day but I have been staying for about 14 years.
    If you are going to see then under NO circumstances use the office in the Condo.
    The only HONEST room provider is Pattaya Rent ARoom. Their office is farang run and based directly opposite the building.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (March 1st, 2018), joe552 (March 1st, 2018), llz (March 1st, 2018)

Liked

Jellybean, you could also try Center Condo which is centrally located.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (March 1st, 2018)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Jellybean
    I stay in Yensabai condo for periods of up fo 4 months. If you need a room in January you need to book early, like now!
    My rent is 700 per day but I have been staying for about 14 years.
    If you are going to see then under NO circumstances use the office in the Condo.
    The only HONEST room provider is Pattaya Rent ARoom. Their office is farang run and based directly opposite the building.
    Thank you for your advice gerefan2. But crikey! From what you say, it looks like the condos at Yensabai are selling (renting) like hot cakes! And rent of 21,700 Baht for a 31 day month sounds very reasonable and is entirely within my budget.

I shall be in Pattaya in a couple of weeks and will add Pattaya-Rent-A-Room to my list. If you have been staying at Yensabai Condo for up to 4 months, over the last 14 years, then it must be doing something right for you.

My biggest concern having looked at Jomtein last year, was the question of transport into Pattaya, especially at night. gerefan2, may I ask, what is your experience of late night transport to and from Jomtein?

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Jellybean, you could also try Center Condo which is centrally located.
    And thank you françois for your recommendation. Center Condo is high on my list of possibilities, due to its central location and the large number of friendly fa-ràng faces I have seen when visiting that particular condo.

And before I sign off, I would advise joe552 that I looked at the Mosaik website yesterday and entered an approximate three month period from mid-January 2019 to mid-April 2019, but I received a pop-up message saying the maximum number of days is 30 days. So I re-entered a 30 day period from mid-January 2019 and I received a message saying they were fully booked.

I have this vague memory of past information from members who regularly stay at Mosaik advising potential customers not to trust the website and to contact Mosaik direct, although I may be recalling incorrectly. As I am in Pattaya in a few weeks, I shall visit Mosaik and ask them directly if they rent out for a 3 month period and if they have any vacancies during the period I am interested in.

And thank you for all the very helpful advice provided by my fellow members. It's given me plenty of food for thought.

Liked

Last night, with the bars closed at midnight and no taxis or tuktuks available, I walked from Silom to Malaysia Hotel where I was able to have a couple of beers while waiting for the taxis to reappear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Jellybean
    No problem getting a songtoew to or from Jomtien in the evenings. You’ll need to walk to the bottom of Soi 17 (the VC hotel) about 5 minutes from Yensabai.
    If it’s high season and “rush hour” many will be full but,sooner or later, one will come along with space in it.
    Have you looked at the Pattaya Rent a Room website? The prices there are negotiable for longer periods.

http://pattayarentaroom.com/en/

Liked

Jellybean, there are always motorbike taxis available.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

error......

Liked

I once (2012?) stayed in Sunflower Place and there was a note at reception, or even at the entrance door "no joiners / guests / prostitutes / sex tourists" or something to that effect.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Jellybean
    No problem getting a songtoew to or from Jomtien in the evenings. You’ll need to walk to the bottom of Soi 17 (the VC hotel) about 5 minutes from Yensabai.
    If it’s high season and “rush hour” many will be full but,sooner or later, one will come along with space in it.
    Have you looked at the Pattaya Rent a Room website? The prices there are negotiable for longer periods.

http://pattayarentaroom.com/en/
    Thank you for your further information gerefan2. Yes, I did look at their website. There’s quite a choice and the rooms look very similar to the one I visited last year. The problem is, I have been spoiled by my former, spacious two bedroom Bangkok condo and the three bedroom house I had in Hua Hin. But I need to be realistic about what sort of properties I can afford to rent on my limited budget.

And I need to have a look at the rooms in person. I therefore intend visiting the offices of the company you recommended when I visit Pattaya in a few weeks time and ask them to show me the sort of properties which fall within my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Jellybean, there are always motorbike taxis available.
    Aye! You are, of course, right françois. I had momentarily forgotten about the ever present availability of motorcycle taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I once (2012?) stayed in Sunflower Place and there was a note at reception, or even at the entrance door "no joiners / guests / prostitutes / sex tourists" or something to that effect.
    Crikey ChristianPFC! I thought there was only one hotel in Bangkok with that sort of policy, I speak of The Atlanta at 78 Soi 2 Sukumvit Road, which states their policy as:

“Zero tolerance & sleaze free zone, no sex tourists, junkies, louts and other degenerates”.

But despite their policy, I still managed to sneak under their radar and have dinner there one evening with a straight fa-ràng friend, his girlfriend and his mother. I vaguely remember posting a report of my experience on Sawatdee the next day.