Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
Ughh...
I wanted to stay a couple of months but I cannot justify it. So, i bought tickets for a trip to Latin America. I'm going to Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and maybe some other countries. It's hard to not talk about the good old days when I'm here and that's so depressing. The reason that i keep coming back is because it's so familiar.

It's time to take a dive into unknown and see if there is any adventure to be had. For those of you who can still get their kicks in Thailand, good for you. For those who don't, what keeps you here?
I have been going back and forth about where to retire. I have very very fond memories of being in Thailand (My first trip was in 1986!). I have friends who live in both Pattaya and BKK - those friends and yes the boys are a big draw for me.
However, I have been looking at Ecuador and some of the other South American countries.
My retirement budget is about 3500-4000 USD a month and I can live quite well in Thailand or in a South American country. But Damn..I do miss the goofy fun and easy sexuality of Thailand (yes I know I am paying for it - negotiable love on a sliding pay scale).

Latin has spoken of trips to Brazil..etc..maybe the guys there are just as sexy and available..I do not know.