Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palmers

Liked

Re: Palmers

It has taken two pages already to establish precisely nothing - so if you're expecting anything of substance then I fear you'll be disappointed.

Try Gaybutton

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It has taken two pages already to establish precisely nothing - so if you're expecting anything of substance then I fear you'll be disappointed.

Try Gaybutton
    i agree with scottish -guy,, 23 replys on this subject , of which 12 have nothing to do with palmers I just wish the Mod would look into items like this. While i dont always agree with what goes on in gaybuttons site , at least he manages to control trolls

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    according to Fowler's (3rd ed) intransitive possessive phrases like "Their psyche's" are like intransitive verbs in that they not require a direct object - this is a subtly of English grammar than many non-native speakers, and indeed even some native speaking grammar Nazis, have a problem with

bkkguy
    I fear you've missed the point. It's not a "subtly," nor even a subtlety, that plurals are not made by using an apostrophe.

P.S. I've never heard of Palmer's and, alas, have no information on their closure.
    Last edited by Captain Swing; February 13th, 2018 at 02:27.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    i agree with scottish -guy,, 23 replys on this subject , of which 12 have nothing to do with palmers I just wish the Mod would look into items like this. While i dont always agree with what goes on in gaybuttons site , at least he manages to control trolls

As per usual, every topic goes of track.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    Anyone who has any information about Palmers still has the opportunity to post it, and by the thread being continually bumped to the top of the list by the "off topic comments" the question is kept to the forefront.

And that's off track too.

Liked

All too true, and I humbly apologize for contributing to the trend. But I'm still trying to deal with the staggering irony of a certain Caledonian fellow being one to raise the issue.

7. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 13th, 2018)

Banned
    Liked

Is this the same Palmers that's the subject of the saying "Mrs Palmer and her five daughters", or (more apposite for this forum) "Mr Palmer and his five sons". Not that I'm condoning incest you understand

Liked

Any news yet on Palmers closure?
    Still closed.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Swing View Post
    ...the staggering irony of a certain Caledonian fellow being one to raise the issue.
    But you've misunderstood Cap'n - my issue was not really about off-topic comments - it was that after 2 pages, those who had posted (even on topic) actually knew next to nothing other than a bar was closed.

And apart from that Cap'n, the Dilithium Crystals arr disintegratin', the engines will nivver stand it and ah canny change the laws of physics, Jim !!

11. User who gave Like to post:

Captain Swing (February 13th, 2018)