Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Liked

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I want to remind: public discussion of cases of moderation is against forum's rules, please use PM to me.
    I sent you a PM awhile ago.
    No answer, no achkowledgement. Why bother?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

"Correct a wise man and he will appreciate you, correct a fool and he will hate you."

(Konfuzius?)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

(Confucius). True enough Christian but one needs to keep in mind that some people are not interested in being corrected. They are either quite comfortable with their lives as they now choose to lead them, or have faced too many corrections in the past. My suggestion is not to do any correcting unless the writing is unintelligible, and in that case send a PM to ask the meaning.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    "Correct a wise man and he will appreciate you, correct a fool and he will hate you."
    (Konfuzius?)
    I'll try one more time to get it through your incredibly thick head Christian.

The issue is NOT about correcting spelling or grammar (I personally don't give a tinkers damn whether I spell a word incorrectly or screw up the kings english).
    The issue is about you intruding into a Member's post and editing 'stuff' where there is absolutely no violation of the Guidelines. Doing that is not your job as a Moderator and never has been.

If you can't see the difference between those two very different issues then I suggest you resign as a Moderator.

And you can leave the childish platitudes in the playground.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

5. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (October 30th, 2017)

Liked

Wow, I actually just liked one of Smiles' posts. What's the world coming too?

Christian, is most post gramatically correct enough to pass, or do you need to jump in, and edit it?

I think I spelled "gramatically" incorrectly, so it might need an edit.

Liked

I want to remind: public discussion of cases of moderation is against forum's rules, please use PM to me.
    What are you talking about?

I guess technically speaking you can ban public, open and honest discussion of forum policy. However, you do understand that you will totally kill the board if you do that, right?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    What are you talking about?

I guess technically speaking you can ban public, open and honest discussion of forum policy. However, you do understand that you will totally kill the board if you do that, right?
    even me, with my poor English, understand difference btw "moderation case" and "moderation policy"... is it that hard for you to understand difference?

well, I will try to explain:

- "why he is banned?", "why I got infraction?", "why that post been deleted?" - moderation cases, they should be discussed only in PM with moderator or with me

- "should we allow to post nude pics?", "should be posts what have no connection to Thailand moved to another corresponding forum?" - that is policy, and may be discussed in https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forum...To-forum-s-FAQ
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 30th, 2017), arsenal (November 2nd, 2017), bobsaigon2 (October 30th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Oh dear, A447 is at it as well now. Jumping in to "correct" member's posts that need no correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    He might very well be. I hear he's be laid a lot.

I quoted this and added the comment that Christian was going to be very busy with his spelling corrections.

Enter a447 to edit my quote of his post so that the correct spelling been appears in my quote, making a nonsense of my comment.

"Last edited by a447; October 30th, 2017 at 10:00."

However he doesn't think to correct his own post above that still contains the be not the been!

Well not yet, wonder if there will soon be an edit on the original post #14. So glad that the moderators have found something really useful to do with their new edit powers!

http://https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19090-What-do-u-think-of-this-forum&p=228049#post228049

Liked

WTF are you on about??

Far be it for me to make a nonsense of your comment. I mean, as if I'd ever do that! Lol

You don't need my help - you do that all the time all by yourself.

You mean you wrote that whole post about "be" instead of "been?"

Ever heard of predictive text?

(Nothing much happening where you are, eh?)

Liked

even me, with my poor English, understand difference btw "moderation case" and "moderation policy"... is it that hard for you to understand difference?

well, I will try to explain:

- "why he is banned?", "why I got infraction?", "why that post been deleted?" - moderation cases, they should be discussed only in PM with moderator or with me

- "should we allow to post nude pics?", "should be posts what have no connection to Thailand moved to another corresponding forum?" - that is policy, and may be discussed in https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/forum...To-forum-s-FAQ

What I'm saying is you might pay the server bill, but whether you like it or not, this forum belongs to us SGT members, not you. We're allowed to debate board policy in a public and open format if we want to. Sorry, but not up to you, Moses.

Again, technically speaking you could lock down the board if you wanted, because afterall, it is your server. That would be a very stupid thing to do though, becuase you would kill the board.

If us as a SGT membership want to publicly debate forum policy, then let us. If and when it happens, we'll be doing it to help you, and the forum as a whole. Don't hamper the process, because if you do so, you can kiss your advertising revenue goodbye.