Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Liked

Re: New Members

Arsenal for President of Scotland.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    aresenal wrote about fact, what internal control panels for moderation are new for him and he don't know it in full yet... it wasn't about "set up the forum software as required to control member postings"
    typical selective quote, you missed the most relevant part - "and make sure the moderators understand the rules and the software"

most of this multi-page discussion would not be needed if the moderating rules where clear, the software was setup and the moderators knew how to use it - this is not rocket science!
    bkkguy

3. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (October 29th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    most of this multi-page discussion would not be needed if the moderating rules where clear, the software was setup and the moderators knew how to use it - this is not rocket science!
    bkkguy
    sure... it will come with time
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

All I'd like to see would be for the Admin to let us know that a Moderator will never again burrow into a Member's post(s) and edit it without any notice that a Board guideline had been broken.

This very dangerous event happened recently with a 'Nirish Guy' post . . . wherein "Christian The Moderator" broke into his post simply to edit spelling and grammar. Utter bullshit and should never have happened under proper moderation.
    I'm quite surprised that hardly any members felt that this was a blatant misuse of moderator privilege.
    It's obvious Christian has no clue what a Mod should be doing, or not doing, on a well-run message board. It's obvious Moses has not talked to his Mods regarding what he expects from them.
    Moses ... do you condone this kind of fascist moderator behavior?
    Last edited by christianpfc; October 30th, 2017 at 00:40. Reason: spelling priviledge->privilege, miss-use->misuse
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

6. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 30th, 2017)

Liked

Far fetched, but:
    2.3 The official language of the Board is English. ... It is incumbent on every member to ensure his posts are intelligible to all members.
    Should we amend the rules: Spelling, grammar and punctuation has to follow [name of an authority of English language]?

I let most typos, grammar and spelling mistakes and wrong punctuation pass, but there a few cases per week that I have to correct. I rather try to keep this low-key and not make a fuss about it, editing is much better than pointing the mistakes out in a reply to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    I'm quite surprised that hardly any members felt that this was a blatant misuse of moderator privilege.
    Maybe you are the only one who feels this way?
    ...[Christian] broke into his post...fascist moderator behavior?
    Drama queen!
    Last edited by christianpfc; October 30th, 2017 at 00:42.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

I let most typos, grammar and spelling mistakes and wrong punctuation pass, but there a few cases per week that I have to correct.

Drama queen!
    How gracious of you, to let those mistakes pass. Presumably there is supposed to be an "are" in your sentence between "there" and "a".

As English isn't your first language, and in the past it has been necessary to explain English expressions to you, do you really think, just from a technical point of view, that you are the right person to do this editing, which if it should happen at all should be acknowledged within the post itself. This has been the practice of normal moderation of this forum since long before you joined it.

To justify your actions you quote a rule that states only that the language of the board is English and that a post must be intelligible. Does bad spelling make it a foreign language or unintelligible?

We've also existed with spelling mistakes and poor grammar for some time. Sometimes it is(pedantic to avoid the apostrophe truncation)even entertaining, particularly freudian slips. Will you be correcting those too?

Colloquial dialect, will you be correcting that? Phonetic spelling of thai words? Slang?
    Last edited by Brad the Impala; October 30th, 2017 at 06:50.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It is very rare indeed when a post is unintelligible. There are several types of common mistakes in spelling and grammar that can be observed but these do not obscure the meaning of the posts. I suggest that moderators do not edit posts. It does not encourage a congenial atmosphere.

Liked

To Christian, it's simple: just stay the fuck out of Member's posts unless the post is obviously in violation of the guidelines.

To Moses: I'd still like the know what you think about this. Oddly quiet you are.

As you can see, the little prick has done it again. Just because he can. He's just playing with Members because he's been granted the power to do so.

Last edited by christianpfc; October 30th, 2017 at 00:40. Reason: spelling priviledge->privilege, miss-use->misuse
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Holy shit, we have a German gammar Nazi as a moderator now?

I'm certain this was a good idea (sarcasm).

12. User who gave Like to post:

Lun Chee (October 30th, 2017)

Liked

To Moses: I'd still like the know what you think about this. Oddly quiet you are.
    I think: 3 moderators from 3 different countries and from 3 different cultures are at first month of moderation and are learning how to moderate. We will discuss that case at forum for moderators.

I want to remind: public discussion of cases of moderation is against forum's rules, please use PM to me.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com