Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Liked

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    No. It is sub-forum what is invisible for searchengines and to visitors without login. Moving to there is permanent. May be I will change name soon to "Trash can" or to "Serpentarium".
    No please DON'T do that. Name it Flaming Forum. One side effect of the flaming forum previously was that it DID attract big numbers, some of those 'numbers' did then check out and post on the main forum, it actually helped overall to get momentum going. Some who said they hated the infighting still went there to 'look' like the proverbial train crash scene where many don't really want to look, but do anyway. The thing is, they had no comeback to complain about anything there as they knew they would be told...well don't click-on! But they still looked!

If it attracts traffic for whatever reason that can't really be bad can it?

Liked

Why not transport this thread live on the main forum? there is interest in it, surely that's enough reason alone to have it on the MAIN discussion page. You want to attract interest and input so that's where it should be. No?

Liked

It was moved Newalaan2 because Scottish behaved the way Scottish always does. If the shit that came your way yesterday comes his then he can contact A447 or Christian. As can NIrish for that matter. They're both on my ignore list and will remain there for the duration of my period as moderator. And they are free to whinge all day on my decision and to whomsoever they choose to whinge to. And whinge I have no doubt they will. Long and loud. The time I spent yesterday deleting posts about you by samebb amounted to over 3 hours. None of the mods fully understands the software here and so we didn't know how to temporarily ban him. So constant deletion was the only option.
    Last edited by arsenal; October 24th, 2017 at 09:51.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    No please DON'T do that. Name it Flaming Forum.
    Because there is no flamer bigger

Surfcrest

5. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Why not transport this thread live on the main forum? there is interest in it, surely that's enough reason alone to have it on the MAIN discussion page. You want to attract interest and input so that's where it should be. No?
    cuz of name of the main forum: Sawatdee gay THAILAND...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    ...Scottish behaved the way Scottish always does... As can NIrish for that matter. ... they are free to whinge all day on my decision and to whomsoever they choose to whinge to. And whinge I have no doubt they will. Long and loud... None of the mods fully understands the software here and so we didn't know how to temporarily ban him.
    The "constant deletion" worked so well that I was able to still read the allegations whilst the Head Judge was busy setting up another thread to ask members how to deal with the problem. That's a fact which is simply undeniable.

That fact, together with the revelation that none of the 3 Mods understands the software points to a failure of policy and process. Again, it's self-evident but if pointing it out makes me the bad guy then so be it. I would have hoped that pointing it out might encourage the individuals to work to improve the situation - as no doubt the same scenario of trolls posting "shit" about members will re-occur in the near future.

I do not dislike Len in any way and I have had some good laughs over the years as well as lots of argument - but taking criticism is not his strong suit. He says he spent 3 hours working on the board, and I don't doubt it, but that's the job he he was happy to take and on occasion that necessity will arise.

The petulancy displayed in announcing that myself and NIrish are to be "ignored" and a virtual incitement to trolls to post "shit" about us which he then will not delete - is breathtaking and ill-advised. Moderators are supposed to be even-handed. Even if you totally loathe certain people or if certain other people are your bosom buddies, you must be seen to apply the rules equally and fairly to all.

I hope that he will reflect on his actions and output over the last 24 hours and instead of posting a tirade of misplaced self-justification, he will maybe just bring himself to admit that it could all have been better handled.

Liked

Jellybean for moderator! Colmx for moderator!

Actually everyone should control/moderate his replies to assumed trolls.

Latintop has shared his views about punter/prostitute interaction on this board ad nauseam, yet some posters still feel the need to comment.

Similar with Mickp, no matter what crap he posted, there was always someone who couldn't resist to reply.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 24th, 2017), bobsaigon2 (October 24th, 2017), Brad the Impala (October 25th, 2017), francois (October 24th, 2017), Surfcrest (October 24th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    The "constant deletion" worked so well that I was able to still read the allegations whilst the Head Judge was busy setting up another thread to ask members how to deal with the problem. That's a fact which is simply undeniable.
    So, how many time you click "red triangle" to call moderator? Let me guess: no one time.

- On this street, I was robbed three times and the police still have not found the villain!
    - Did you report to the police?
    - No
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Scottish wrote:

The "constant deletion" worked so well that I was able to still read the allegations whilst the Head Judge was busy .....
    The comments concerned were not deleted because no allegation was made. As I have already pointed out, samebb cleverly worded his statements so as not to cross the line. He stopped just short of accusing a member of paedophilia. If his comments did not cross the line, then they can not be deleted, even though I'm sure most, if not all, members found his comments distasteful.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    francois, I still don't know what you want from the board. Jokes, banter and the occasional argument make it a fun place to visit. What would your board be like?
    Civilized! Sorry Joe, but jokes and banter, repeatedly, on every topic, don't make this a fun place to visit. I realize that as time goes on a thread goes off course but on this forum it becomes a game between the same 6 or so posters, each and every time.