Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bar boy deaths

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Bar boy deaths

Sorry the above is the message I MEANT to post and the edit window beat me ( Moses apologies, please feel free to delete the above as I can't any longer )

Without wanting to step into that whole voyeurism discussion I would just add that whilst in this case I respect Colmx's decision not to post AO's picture ( up to him) I personally see nothing wrong with someone posting a short respectful Obituary type pic when a boy a lot of us might know passes.

No details as how how or why his passing took place are required, merely that he's sadly gone. I say this as unlike Latin etc I know I certainly have connected with (some) boys on a human level on trips, wether that be out partying, eating with them and their friends, sitting on a beach late at night talking about them and their lives and their fears and their family and me mine etc etc and so after many trips you can't help but to get to know and like some guys a bit ( well as much as they want me to know and that works two ways of course) - and that's not to say ALL guys I ever meet Latin as yes of course some are strictly business, but some also end up being just a little more than that and those boys I've never regret meeting or interacting with at any time over all my trips.

So in general I see no harm in those of us who frequent the bars etc being respectfully informed that "x" has passed away. It also saves us asking numerous boys "so where is X this trip then" and leading to them feeling awkward or having to lie about that. I actually had a situation just a few weeks ago where the mother of a boy that had died ( and a friend of mine) posted a post in and on his account on his Facebook page ( in Thai of course) in a memorium type way and several farang were messaging "him" to say hi and ask what bar he was working in now etc and I was able to quietly advise them to stop ( even though the poor guys funeral pics were on down the page !) as I WAS aware that he'd passed and so realised what was happening.

So personally I see it as no different from when someone here might post a pic of perhaps a well known bar owner or maybe if a popular poster or blog writer passes etc to let us all know that he's gone and and allow those of us who knew him just to take a second to note his passing as to me the boys are no less in stature as human beings as us and so as we might know them as well if not better than the above examples then to me there's no reason we would feel we need to make any difference about that.

But again Colmx I fully respect your choice not to post AO's pic on this occasion and to get you to do so is certainly not the point of this post.
    Last edited by Nirish guy; August 16th, 2017 at 16:39.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 16th, 2017), joe552 (September 21st, 2017)