Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
I still wouldn't trust insurers unless it's in writing.
Well they do record all calls of course these days......but ok, you be sure to get it in writing then better, I think if you actually read the full details of any insurance policy you believe you're covered under and then applied it to your daily living, cerrtinaly whilst on holiday you'd be hard pushed to discover that you are covered for every eventuality you face mind. But in this instance Im happy that as I believed I always WAS covered anyway, she simply made a knee jerk reaction comment about "motorbikes" ( as above) and when asked to go check her facts she quickly came back and apologised and said "sorry you're right, you're covered up to 125cc", to me that was enough in this instance - plus I'm sure if they REALLY wanted to fuck me over they could find MUCh easier ways to do that - i.e was the bike insured by others, was it fully serviced with a full log book, did you have a rental contract, did you have a helmet on, had you consumed alcohol, can you prove you weren't driving dangerously etc etc .........there just comes a point in life where you have to just get on with things as not everything can be covered with contracts and legality - and even when you THINK it is just look how often that turns out not actually to be the case once you go back to rely on said contract anyway,