List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Versatile, Needs Discussion & so on...

Banned
    Liked

Re: Versatile, Needs Discussion & so on...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    It's always called "safer sex", isn't it?
    No

Liked

I get tested every 3 months and I keep my test results.
    Condoms can fail and I'm told that 2 condoms used together -to be doubly sure-is actually unsafe as they chaff and can rupture. I knew one guy who used 2 all the time.
    It's bad enough getting HIV but to be blamed for giving it to another would be a bad situation made much worse so I think it's important to keep a record of one's (in my case so far negative status)

Re Versatile- It sounds great but often fails to deliver.
    Excuses like mai sabai,jeb toot,condom mai me etc proves that versatility is often applies to the manufacture of get-out clauses esp from bottomphobians.
    I have put up with a lot of this in the past but I'm learning however I doubt if I'll ever be a Latinpox.

Liked

I think that the positive people, who are on meds and who are undetectable are not the problem. The problem, are the folks that think they're fine...but aren't. Anyone that lists on their profile when they were tested last, if off my list...because I know what they expect once the clothes fall to the floor. Your test results expire with your first round of unprotected sex, no matter how healthy you thought that guy looked.

Most of the guys I know, from my generation that are positive caught it from their partners. They fooled each other into believing they were monogamous and had unprotected sex with each other, until one brought the infection home from one of their extracurricular activities.

Once someone is infected, the viral load in that person is at maximum levels for reinfection. It wouldn't take long after that for the person to become ill as their CD4 count falls and realize they've been infected. Hopefully, that's when they'd start antiviral medications or not...depending on circumstances or economics.

Surfcrest

Liked

When I first visited Pattaya in 2002 and 2003 I had much unprotected anal sex, mainly top, with money boys from the Boystown and Sunee bars. The temptation allied to alcohol was just too great. I was very lucky I believe not to have been infected with HIV or other STD's. My checks were always negative thank god but I am always nervous before getting the result.
    I have often shown bad judgement in other aspects of my life but now during my regular visits to Pattaya I take a sensible pill and make sure condoms are ready on the bedside table together with lube.
    Before and after oral sex I mouthwash but am not sure if that does any good together with not bushing my teeth for a few hours after oral.
    In discussion with other gays I am led to believe that bareback is more dangerous for the bottom.

Liked

Hmm, are we speaking here about what Thai guys choose at their PlanetRomeo accounts?
    In this case, "farang think too much" - looks like most of them just don't understand what it is about, so "mai bpen rai"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    Anyone that lists on their profile when they were tested last, if off my list...because I know what they expect once the clothes fall to the floor.
    Interesting comment. What do they expect once the clothes fall to the floor?

(I ask because I have the date of my last test on my profile, simply because there is a field to put it in and an occasional message that reminds me to get tested again.)

Liked

+Surf crest
    I agree.
    I would add that my negative result, welcome as it is, is a snapshot of my status c. 90 days ago -as far as I know.