Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Funny Boys Scotland Split

Liked

Re: Funny Boys - closed?

OMFG, between LatintopXXX accusing me of sexual deviancy (he clearly has no concept of irony) and Mini Mee doing his Groundhog Day routine over on the Tarntawan thread, I'm completely distraught

It's like being savaged by a couple of chihuahuas

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 17th, 2016), christianpfc (October 17th, 2016)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    One of the features of the Scottish legal code is that there is actually no such offence as gay incest - it being reserved for disgusting heterosexuals
    So much for equality!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    So much for equality!

Yes, but this is quite common in both Scots and English law:

The offence of Gross Indecency for example never applied to women, so two lesbians could be rug-munching in public to their hearts content and would face no more than a trivial breach of the peace charge whereas 2 adult males caught having a wank would have their lives and careers ruined (Alan Turing as a prime example). There are ongoing moves in England to have those historically criminalised by a Gross Indecency conviction to have it expunged from the record.

Interestingly, one explanation for the anomaly is that Queen Victoria reputedly would not "sign off" the law creating a gross indecency offence for women because she simply refused to accept that two ladies would ever do such a thing.

Similary, I believe that until fairly recently (last few decades) "male rape" by a female was considered impossible and was therefore not on the statute book - male/male cases cases effectively being treated as aggravated buggery which really does not convey the seriousness of the offence.

Talking of Buggery - another one off the top of my head is that this offence also includes a woman having passive, penetrative vaginal sex with a pig or horse. I'm unaware if convictions for such behaviour have ever been secured - and if a horse or pig has ever been appeared in Court as the victim
    Last edited by scottish-guy; October 17th, 2016 at 17:13.

Liked

... There are ongoing moves in England to have those historically criminalised by a Gross Indecency conviction to have it expunged from the record..
    Hey I was bang on target - this from today's news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37711518

6. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (October 21st, 2016)

Liked

Well, it appears I spoke too soon!

Today the Tory UK Justice Minister shamefully and deliberately sabotaged the proposal (which was tabled by the Scottish National Party, not the UK Govt at all) by talking incessantly until it ran out of time, and the Bill therefore failed.

The effect of the failure is that only dead people will be "pardoned". So after their gross indecency conviction ruining their life and career right up until their death, presumably they're now expected to rest in peace? Perhaps there's even an expectation of groups of gay ghosts and poltergeists getting together, throwing parties, and perhaps putting the willys up each each other

Those unfortunate enough to be still alive and criminalised by this discriminatory law, can instead apply to to have their Gross Indeceny conviction "disregarded" but as you will quickly grasp "disregarding" something may turn out to be quite different from having it overturned. Time will tell.

The practicality of a "disregard" is that a person would no longer have to declare the conviction and it would not appear in any criminal record checks for say licenses or employment.

If the record of the conviction is held electronically it's supposed to be deleted but NOT necessarily deleted if it is held on old paper or microfiche records (i.e. before 1995). The fact is a sizable number (in fact possibly most) of convictions for gross indecency are pre-1995 and probably held on paper/microfiche.

Another factor is that thousands of Gross Indecency convictions were/are for sexual acts in public toilets. In very many cases the convictions were gained by enrapment by "pretty police officers" posing as gay men cruising for sex and then arresting anybody who importuned them. That was simply they way the "Vice Squads" operated in those days. The UK Government is unwilling to disregard these convictions on the basis that it is still illegal for anyone to have sex in a public toilet, regardless if they are gay, bi or straight.

Personally I simply dont accept that argument as I strongly believe that the vast majority of straight couples caught in delicto flagrante in a public place (then and now) would simply be told to move on, not arrested, charged, and convicted.

With the failure of the SNP's Bill in the UK Parliament, there is speculation now that a similar bill will be introduced and passed by the Scottish Parliament instead.

(I posted this on Gaybutton forum too - as they have a thread on it)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm unaware if convictions for such behaviour have ever been secured - and if a horse.... has ever been appeared in Court as the victim
    I'm guessing the answer to that would be NEIGHHHHHHH

9. User who gave Like to post:

scottish-guy (October 22nd, 2016)

Liked

The Funny Boys Scotland Split

Once again, a topic about Thailand becomes a topic about Scotland.
    Why does it never turn into a discussion about Wallonia?

Surfcrest

11. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 28th, 2016)

Liked

Re: The Funny Boys Scotland Split

Alternatively, a mainly nostalgic puff piece about a defunct go-go bar morphed into a more substantial discussion of UK current affairs/politics.

Liked

With the failure of the SNP's Bill in the UK Parliament, there is speculation now that a similar bill will be introduced and passed by the Scottish Parliament instead...
    And so it seems...............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-37764566