Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off to Thailand in Oct

Liked

Re: Off to Thailand in Oct

As a relative newbie my first thought also was, why is BuckBee advertising his blog here? I didn't mind terribly. I thought cdnmatt was a bit over the top with his language, but perhaps there's "history."

But fountainhall's posts seem very fair comment. A blog relying on five year old information is useless and frustrating to people who try to follow that information. Why is it considered unwelcoming to point that out? By correcting outdated information, fountainhall is doing a sevice, it seems to me.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Buck Bee (July 3rd, 2016), Surfcrest (July 4th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Fuck yeah, that's what this thread was missing. Picking apart people's misspellings.

Looks like we're good to go now though.
    I wouldn't have bothered except it really does change the meaning you are trying to convey. It was meant to be helpful, not offensive. Why do you take offense so?

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 3rd, 2016), Buck Bee (July 3rd, 2016), cdnmatt (July 3rd, 2016), christianpfc (July 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Faranglaw View Post
    I wouldn't have bothered except it really does change the meaning you are trying to convey. It was meant to be helpful, not offensive. Why do you take offense so?
    Don't worry, I was just joking around. I don't actually care.

I'm just hanging out until Monday, until Leo shows up.

Liked

OK, glad I clarified then. Ah yes, Leo the Lao. Good luck.

7. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (July 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Faranglaw I totally agree with you that I was unfair with FountainMan as he was trying to help. I've taken an aspirin re-read his loooong posts this morning and will put his recommendations into action. His points are fair. I guess I just heaped him in with the rest of the gang attacking here. My bad

With the real dates I should be able to get them off webarchive. I've realized why the blog is a little jumbled is because when I re setup the blog after it was closed and offline for a long time, I did it so there was an image, then an article, then a video and then an article etc thinking that it would look better but what it actually did was jumble it up too much

If you read my posts I only mentioned the blog once and not even in this thread. Its in my signature and Im under the understanding that signatures are welcome here

In regard to posting here, I dont see the issue, its a gay forum to introduce gay stuff and I had permission from the owner of the forum but its obvious from this experience that there is a core group of members here who are not so welcoming of new comers and will fiercely going into attacking mode defending their turf

Ive paid for advertising over at Facebook and have it up over 1000 likes and will just build on that audience as it seem more genuine and will not post about the blog here anymore
    Last edited by Buck Bee; July 3rd, 2016 at 08:23.
    For Guys Who Love Asian Guys - [url]www.asiaguys.net[/url]

9. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (July 4th, 2016)

Liked

It would be so hilarious for members here to have a meet and greet session at a pub the built up drama and emotion would be priceless

Liked

@ FountainMan. Ive updated the article. Thanks for you input. Please see towards the very bottom of the article

http://www.asiaguys.net/gay-asia-travel-tokyo-japan

If you have any other updates or corrections for other articles please post them in the comments section of the blog so I can update

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Bee View Post
    Faranglaw I totally agree with you that I was unfair with FountainMan as he was trying to help. I've taken an aspirin re-read his loooong posts this morning and will put his recommendations into action. His points are fair. I guess I just heaped him in with the rest of the gang attacking here. My bad
    I appreciate your comment - thank you. If it is any help, I will happily write an update on Tokyo for your blog - a sort of Tokyo revisited - purely on a friendly basis and a thank you to Moses and Surfcrest for keeping this site open. If you would like that, please PM me. No obligation for you to use any of what I write.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Liked

I just checked Buck Bee's blog and was glad to see he had made the changes to his post on Tokyo, as suggested by fountainhall. He has attributed the update to fountainhall, too.

The photo of Shinjuku ni-chome, taken from Wikipedia, should also be changed, as it is showing a different area of Tokyo. Kabukicho,

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Liked

Thanks... done.. changed the caption