Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Liked

Re: Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    May I remind you all that you are talking about the United Kingdom, not some third world backwater tinpot dictatorship. In the last century it wasn't Britain that had a slump and people starving to death, it was America, it wasn't Britain who started two world wars, it was Germany
    No, but you did colonize about a third of the world. It was just never officially called a world war.

The UK just ended up winning out, so instead of going down in the history books as "invading" other nations, you just "colonized" them. Same shit, different pile, but colonizing sounds much more peaceful.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; June 26th, 2016 at 19:09.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Tintin (June 27th, 2016)

Liked

Whatever happens...
    https://www.theguardian.com/artandde...secret-auction

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    No, but you did colonize about a third of the world.
    For the love of—— someone had to teach them English!

Liked

Yes we did Matt. Including you.

Liked

Yes we did Matt. Including you.
    Yeah, I know. Legally, Canada still can't even pass any laws without the Queen's approval. Every law still has to be signed by the Lieutenant Govenor who speaks for the Queen. Plus other things, like when they call an election, only the Lieutenant Govenor can dissolve parliament. Granted, it's only there for the sake of tradition, but nonetheless...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Interesting twist just hitting the news : Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has told the BBC that Holyrood could try to block the UK's exit from the EU.
    Au contraire my dear NIrish - this is not news!

People who were paying attention heard that HERE from ME yesterday (why, I even posted a visual aid for the less able, like Tobi)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    This morning's coup against Corbyn is even funnier, the shadow cabinet are all resigning as a show of no confidence whilst the Labour Party are saying they'll immediately vote him back in if there's a leadership contest. Unbelievable!
    Tobi you really should give up on giving us your political analysis - you have completely missed the fact that it's by no means certain that Corbyn could currently muster the 46 MPS necessary to validate his candidancy in any leadership election.

The guy is TOAST

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Before the glory of the UK is burnished even more, let's never forget that it's colonial history is far from laudatory. Look at Africa! Further east, forcing the Chinese to accept opium instead of silver for its exports after it had got so many Chinese hooked on the drug is a huge blot on its record. Yes, I know the Chinese comparadors were in on the act and their "squeeze" helped the trade flourish. But the way it then raped China and annexed part of its coastline insisting on its own laws - albeit followed by quite a number of other colonial powers - was typical of British certainty that it was taming barbarians whilst at the same time lining its own pockets. The UK's record in the 20th century is a great deal more praiseworthy than it ever was in the 18th and 19th.

Liked

I can't remember who said what but I'll address a few issues. Osbourne is furiously working behind the scenes, as is Cameron to sort it out...
    It's equally likely that Osborne has not emerged because he is in the same condition as Yeltsin was in when he couldn't get off the plane in Shannon.

Except in Osborne's case it probably wouldn't be booze as he allegedly has quite a different "habit" altogether (nudge nudge wink wink)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    You have completely missed the fact that it's by no means certain that Corbyn could currently muster the 46 MPS necessary to validate his candidancy in any leadership election.
    Yeah, you don't know much about this politics stuff do you, huh? The incumbent gets to be on the list regardless.