Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: End of life ....

Liked

Re: End of life ....

Thank you Surfcrest, after viewing Still Alice, that did cheer me up! Yes, a very good movie.

Actually I viewed that movie while on my last flight here to Thailand. At the conclusion I was hoping the airplane would crash and end it all.

But to answer NIrishguy's question:

..surely being alive is better than the alternative for most of us still ?

I think being dead is a better alternative in certain cases.
    Last edited by francois; April 26th, 2016 at 23:00.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I think being dead is a better alternative in certain cases.
    That is exactly the situation I had in mind when I started this thread.

Many people refuse to consider that their lives will end some day.

Curious that nobody mentionned exsanguination, which should be easy with all the anti-coagulants our cardiologists insist we take !

I am happy to see that we could have a serious thread !

In no hurry to try any of the methods suggested, but satisfied to know a little more.
    Last edited by Surfcrest; April 27th, 2016 at 21:49.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One astonishing news item in the last day or so is that someone as controlling and determined to protect both his privacy and his business affairs as Prince left no will. That seems to me inconceivable. Presumably, despite a fortune estimated to be in the region of $300 million with perhaps hundreds of millions more to come in future years, he just did not expect death to come at such a relatively early age. If so, his lawyer should have been fired years ago!

But it serves as a timely reminder to those of us living in Thailand and with any assets here that a Will written in Thai is vital if we want to be in control of who gets those assets. My understanding is that without such a document, as in Prince's case the Courts will award those assets to your closest living relative/s. So your Thai bf, his family and others here you might wish to leave something to after your death would legally not be entitled to receive anything.

Oh, and make sure that will is in place where the authorities will find easily it!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lukylok View Post
    Curious that nobody mentionned exsanguination, which should be easy with all the anti-coagulants our cardiologists insist we take !
    I would prefer an un-bloody end. "Exsanguination" is Latin* for "bloody mess" (in the literal sense), unless you have a bathtub so they can flush your blood away.

*Joke, translation would be rather "draining/removal of blood"

Everyone wanting to leave something to his Thai boyfriend and his family should ask himself if that money will be put into good use. Even in Europe, there are stories about people who win millions in the lottery and after some years, they are broke and without a job, in a worse situation than before.

Everyone wanting to put me in their will, contact me by PM.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post

Oh, and make sure that will is in place where the authorities will find easily it!
    And where greedy relatives cannot find it! I know of a case or two where family members were not happy with the deceased's Will and conveniently destroyed it since estate was not going to them.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 29th, 2016)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    But it serves as a timely reminder to those of us living in Thailand and with any assets here that a Will written in Thai is vital if we want to be in control of who gets those assets. My understanding is that without such a document, as in Prince's case the Courts will award those assets to your closest living relative/s. So your Thai bf, his family and others here you might wish to leave something to after your death would legally not be entitled to receive anything.

Not sure if your ambiguity is intentional, but a Thai Will only covers assets in Thailand. If your bank account is in your home country and you transfer enough to live comfortably but no more, and you don't own a condo, a Thai will is going to have close to zero impact.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Not sure if your ambiguity is intentional, but a Thai Will only covers assets in Thailand. If your bank account is in your home country and you transfer enough to live comfortably but no more, and you don't own a condo, a Thai will is going to have close to zero impact.
    I'm curious. Where is the ambiguity? What I wrote was -
    But it serves as a timely reminder to those of us living in Thailand and with any assets here . . .

Liked

While on the topic of End of Life, a gentleman, par excellence, John Lewis, aka, TOQ, passed away today as reported on Gaybuttonthai.com

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7778

Liked

I had the chance to meet him a few times and he was indeed a "gentleman".

RIP

Liked

That's terrible news, I met him a few years back...a most wonderful man.

Surfcrest