Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BKK MB pricing survey

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: BKK MB pricing survey

Quote Originally Posted by latin View Post
    sure there are chubby chasers and daddy lovers....but they form a very small minority. Society doesnt help either, most young guys friends will think it totally weird if a young guy, say under 25 is interested in someone over 50 let alone 60's, most would assume he's a kept boy and he would not be accepted in their social circle. I have personal experience where this is concerned.
    And I have personal experience of being with much younger non-commercial Asian guys both here in Thailand and on trips in various countries in Asia and Europe. There has never been an issue with the guy or his friends thinking as you suggest. And that "very small minority" is not so small in Bangkok - and certainly not small at all in other cities like, for example, Taipei! Let's just accept to each his own.

Liked

sure there are chubby chasers and daddy lovers....but they form a very small minority. Society doesnt help either, most young guys friends will think it totally weird if a young guy, say under 25 is interested in someone over 50 let alone 60's, most would assume he's a kept boy and he would not be accepted in their social circle. I have personal experience where this is concerned.
    Years ago when I was living in Vancouver, I (somehow) ended up having a meeting with a guy in his late 30s who has a net worth of over $400 million, all self made. Naturally, I asked him how he became so successful. His answer? "I surrounded myself with grey hairs, and listened".

Thinking about it, when I was younger, I liked older guys. Not romantically, and there was never sex involved, but some of my best friends were 40 years older than me. With my same age friends it was always, "awww man, that club is going to be booming tonight. let's go pick up some bitches, man!". Instead of doing that, I would go hang out on 60 year old Bob's couch, and have a couple beers. He was simply easier to get along with, wasn't immature like my friends, and there was no pressure or expectations when hanging out with him.

So yeah, no problem believing younger guys at least enjoy the companionship of older guys. And I'm sure sometimes that companionship turns romantic after a while.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

maybe its not an issue in MB circles, but in " normal" gay society it is an issue no matter how much you would like to delude yourself. I have to assume that your young partner is benefiting from this relationship be it monetarily or in kind. No " self respecting" 22 year old is going to feel comfortable dragging his 68 year old partner to a club/bar...to mingle with his gay young friends....u probably dont even understand what words like dope and wicked mean.

Liked

Who says they have to go to a club / bar? Sometimes there's really smart young guys out there who think using words like "dope" and "wicked" is really fucken stupid. For example, take the one young guy I know. Ok, he's 26 and thinks I'm 31 (I'm actually 34, but hey, I can pass as 31).

He was awarded a full scholarship to KKU as a med student. He specializes in nanotechnology, or more specifically, dielectric capacitors. I don't know what a "dielectric capacitor" is either, but hey, he does. I'm pretty confident he doesn't give a shit if he acts cool at a club using words like "dope" and "wicked". Oh and he's absolutely gorgeous. He doesn't think so, but he is.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

maybe its not an issue in MB circles, but in " normal" gay society it is an issue no matter how much you would like to delude yourself. No " self respecting" 22 year old is going to feel comfortable dragging his 68 year old partner to a club/bar...to mingle with his gay young friends.
    Been there, done that - no issue. Just because you assume the world acts in accordance with your view of it does not make it so.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I always get a kick out of it when I send a message to a guy who presents himself as just being a nice guy looking for a friend or relationship (non-money boy), and then his first reply is..."Where are you now?...LOL.
    What's wrong with that? I ask that early in a conversation (I'm not into online chat, I prefer meeting in person) to check if we are geographically close, otherwise there would be no chance of meeting now.

And christian you mentioned I should prove im here, well arrived last night,...
    And cdnmatt is in Khon Kaen. Can you give me something I can verify?

Was a bit surprised that the land next to the austrian embassy has been cleared...anither condo planned??
    According to a Thai friend who works nearby, yes. (However said Thai friend talks a lot, and not all of it is true.)

Liked

Latintop, are you still in Bangkok? Anything interesting at the Malaysia hotel? (I mean some recent change that hasn't been posted on the forums yet, and if I read it from you that would be proof you where there.)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

now, now Christian, you are starting to sound like a447.....
    But guess I will humour you, piece if land next to the Austrian embassy on the same soi as Babs had been totally cleared...how would I know??
    and the pool renovations at Babs have been botched, they now have this hideous fake wood border which is already coming apart.
    oh, and all the shows in soi twilight as well as at tawan bar are absolutely crap...hardly any nudity...and no fucking.
    Happy ??