Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Planet Romeo

Liked

Planet Romeo

As usual during my stays in Pattaya, I checked-out the scene on Gay Romeo. Two impressions and I must stress that I used the same filters now as I have for years.
    Firstly, the number of guys available has decreased by about 30% over the past year. And secondly, during this same period, the percentage of ladyboys has risen.
    Are these impressions applicable to other users? My filters indicate that I'm looking for ages twenty to thirty, slim and cute.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Planet Romeo

I agree that the available numbers are less but mirrors the whole declining gay scene here, as for ladyboys I really don't notice any difference as I'm not blocking anymore than I've done in the past.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's when you start Unblocking guys you've done in the past ( as I did during my last trip) as pickings were getting thin that you start to notice and realise just HOW much Pattaya IS declining perhaps, certainly in terms of quality of not quantity IMHO anyway :-(

Liked: 1

I think you are talking nonsense.
    Before Romeo there was Gaydar. Planet Romeo used to be the number one on-line gay dating site a year or two ago. It is no more because we have moved from desk top and lap top devices to mobiles.
    Grindr, Hornet and a host of others like Mr X, Jack'd, DaddyHunt, Scruff, Boy Ahoy etc. have taken over.
    In the same way that GoGo bars were the place to meet guys a decade ago we have moved on and now the mobile device is the thing that most boys have.
    When you go to a new area you need to check which dating sites are most common in that area.
    We must move with the times or go without.

5. User who gave Like to post:

bucknaway (February 29th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Planet Romeo / Gay Romeo IS fully compatible and set up to run on mobile devices, it has its own App specifically for that purpose.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

You wouldn't need an app if you had one of these! https://youtu.be/Isrd7E5nzIQ (Orgasmitron)
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked
    I think the new version of their website they are working on https://beta.planetromeo.com) is great for both mobile devices and PCs. The advantage compared to a "real" app is that they get around the prudish restrictions both Apple and Google impose on those who want to publish apps using the official app store.

Liked

Corky is right - we have to move with times - gay dating websites are dying because they simply cant compete with phone apps that are offering much faster way to hook up. Although I have to admit I find phone apps quite limiting as they allow only a few sentences of information which I'm not happy with. Online profiles provided much more information about the people we were going to meet. Also, it was easy to browse vast database in different countries whereas now grindr limit you to about a kilometre.
    But times have changed and there is nothing we can do. I noticed a massive drop in numbers on romeo and manhunt, especially among the 18 - 35s. In London it is now mainly older men on it. I recently went to Madrid and mainly used the apps: lots of hot, young guys wanting to meet.
    I suppose Thais have moved on, too. When I was there in August, I only used apps too - romeo was useless.

10. User who gave Like to post:

bucknaway (February 29th, 2016)

Liked

To a certain extent I think that two questions have been answered in this thread. Firstly I think I counted nine different dating apps and there are a few others as well (blued.com) for example. It's very unlikely that a boy is gooing to register with all or even half of them. He's going to choose a couple and stick with those and not necessarily the most popular ones if he gets a couple of offs a day from one of the lesser used ones.
    Secondly you can hardly complain when you begin to find most of your boys on apps and then the bars start to close and those that remain open have fewer boys.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (February 29th, 2016), bucknaway (February 29th, 2016)