Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LOVE+BUSINESS

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: LOVE+BUSINESS

Bruce...

I agree with Boy69. It sounds like you have a great boyfriend, and the fact that he doesn't have a family to provide for certainly eases the tensions.

Nothing's perfect in this world, including us or the Thai boys, making "compromise and acceptance" such important factors.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69
    There are some genuine honest Thai boys but they are minority ,unfortunately most of them are money diggers.
    I know plenty of genuine honest Thai boys, I haven't met any of them in a gogo or host bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Really the worst part is that it's almost impossible to tell them apart.... Between the honest good hearted boys and the plotting evil conniving ones.

If only there was a simple test you could buy at the drugstore...
    I haven't met many plotting evil conniving boys; but plenty of stupid, lazy and unreliable ones, and a few thieves* and liars; and I can quickly tell them apart from the good boys.

*One confirmed, he even admitted but we didn't dwell on the subject. I just asked "did you steal 600 Baht last time", and he replied "yes", but I still see him because he is so cute, but now I keep my money safe. Two more where I'm not sure, will count my money before and after I meet them, and give them an opportunity to access my wallet while I'm in the shower.

I would advice against mixing love and business. My aunt used to work in my uncle's business, she wasn't happy and found a job elsewhere to keep business and private life separate.

Liked

I like to be careful about spending money , but if I see with my own eyes it is for a good cause I might contribute financially if he is a good friend and I have visited the family in the past . Since I live in Thailand most of the year it's a lot easier to understand some of the problems the boy's face here daily. But they know I am not a rich guy lol . So for me it's easier to separate real friends from money diggers. Once you show off your wealth it's too late to regret I guess .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Quote Originally Posted by BOY69
    There are some genuine honest Thai boys but they are minority ,unfortunately most of them are money diggers.
    I know plenty of genuine honest Thai boys, I haven't met any of them in a gogo or host bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    Really the worst part is that it's almost impossible to tell them apart.... Between the honest good hearted boys and the plotting evil conniving ones.

If only there was a simple test you could buy at the drugstore...
    I haven't met many plotting evil conniving boys; but plenty of stupid, lazy and unreliable ones, and a few thieves* and liars; and I can quickly tell them apart from the good boys.

*One confirmed, he even admitted but we didn't dwell on the subject. I just asked "did you steal 600 Baht last time", and he replied "yes", but I still see him because he is so cute, but now I keep my money safe. Two more where I'm not sure, will count my money before and after I meet them, and give them an opportunity to access my wallet while I'm in the shower.

I would advice against mixing love and business. My aunt used to work in my uncle's business, she wasn't happy and found a job elsewhere to keep business and private life separate.
    Correct the few honest boys I met were not working in go go bars or
    Host bars ,I guess shady places attract shady boys ...
    Most of the money boys will tell you tragic stories to explain why they sell their bodies but the true is that most of them are too lazy or stupid to work on proper job .

Liked

What the moneyboys need(or are lacking) are good role models who can impart on them positive attributes.
    And a big dose of discipline.
    I'm sure some of the successful moneyboys have good discipline in managing their lives in their chosen profession, and not totally dependent on their youthful beauty.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam
    What the moneyboys need(or are lacking) are good role models who can impart on them positive attributes.
    And a big dose of discipline.
    I'm sure some of the successful moneyboys have good discipline in managing their lives in their chosen profession, and not totally dependent on their youthful beauty.
    There are some succesful moneyboys that saving money for betrer future or
    engage on a long term relationship with wealthy falang , but most of them need to support their poor family or just wasting their money on drugs , alcohol, prostitutes atc. .

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good point about role models...but I suspect that even if a MB has the right intentioin, that us to save up and invest in revenue generating or inflation proof assets like land or buffalos or what ever works in Thailand I suspect that his " friends' and even family will drain his resources or misdirect his spending towards instant gratification involving alcohol and such like.

Liked

Oh crap. I have been with BF for 4 years now. I guess I am 2 years overdue for some major investments. LOL