Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Funeral Rites Colin Gardiner

Liked

Funeral Rites Colin Gardiner

I post details of Colin's funeral. As many will know Colin was recently murdered by his ex-boy friend

The funeral of Colin will take place at
    2 pm, Sunday 5 July 2015
    at Wat Maikatingtong
    (next door to the Jomtien Grand Palace Hotel, Beach Rd.)
    Bathing rites will be conducted
    Friday and Saturday 3rd and 4th July
    A wake to celebrate the life of Colin
    will be held in The Colonial, Soi VC
    from 8 PM on the 5th.

Liked

Re: Funeral Rites Colin Gardiner

There is a detailed thread running on the circumstances on Gaybuttonthai.

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7270

Surfcrest

Liked

Could you tell me where exactly the Colonial is in Sunee? I know Sunee, but it has been years since I went there.

I have known Colin for almost 13 years. we always would meet several times a week when I was here, starting in the old Monty's (below Marina) up to Come-Inn bar. He was one of the nicest men I ever met in Thailand. We visited each other and I have been to his "current" home and most previous homes for a chat or just a computer re-do when his had problems or just time to "refresh" all and do a good format and re-install.

There is so much more about this man and the news stories make no sense to somebody that knew him very well. The killer BF is making up a story.
    I will leave it at this, because he was a private man and would not want anything told on a open forum.

RIP, my friend
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Map from Nickys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

According to the map, it is across the "old" nick-name Soi Yaba (the druggies used to hangout there).
    Monty had a place with rooms in that road (tried to rename it SOI MONTY with a banner), which he sold to some South-African guy living in South-Korea with his wife.

Don't remember ever going to the Colonial, tried a few times, but to busy and did not really know anybody sitting there when I was in the area (TukCom, FriendShip). Looks like a nice place though.

Isn't that the old La Cage?
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by oldfarang
    According to the map, it is across the "old" nick-name Soi Yaba (the druggies used to hangout there).
    Monty had a place with rooms in that road (tried to rename it SOI MONTY with a banner), which he sold to some South-African guy living in South-Korea with his wife.

Don't remember ever going to the Colonial, tried a few times, but to busy and did not really know anybody sitting there when I was in the area (TukCom, FriendShip). Looks like a nice place though.

Isn't that the old La Cage?

Yes, you are correct on both counts.

It is the old La Cage and it is across the street from where Monty had a place briefly.

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Liked

An update as I referenced the Wat (temple} to the wrong location.
    My apologies

The funeral of Colin will take place at 2 pm, Sunday 5 July 2015 at Wat Maikatingtong
    (between Sois 11 and 12 Jomtien Beach Rd.)
    Bathing rites will be conducted on Friday 3rd July at 4 pm
    And prayers on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th July at 6:30 pm
    A wake to celebrate the life of Colin will be held in The Colonial Bar, Soi VC
    from 8 PM on the 5th.

It is between Soi 11 and Soi 12 on Jomtien Beach Road

Liked

My friend who was not aware of the wake, was there last night and was impressed by the crowd. When shown the photo of Colin he was still unaware of the circumstances. The function was catered for and the eulogy was made by the executor who flew out from the UK for the ceremonies. I believe he had several friends that came with him.

There were close to 40 in attendance when he arrived. As a regular he was known but not as a friend of Colin and asked would he stay.

His comment that maybe 40 people were there, a good send off for a likable man cut short before his time.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Unfortunately (some) posters on any forum or other public social media will always bring decent and/or sensitive and any topic off-topic, mostly with nonsense. They feel the need to post just to post or are just plain A..Holes, probably both.

It should be the moderators task to manage things like this to either delete posts (and warn repeated offenders) or divide the topic as I think was done earlier with this topic already, but I could be wrong.

I did not want to respond to this, since Colin was a very dear and longterm friend of mine.

Hopefully the moderator will do something about this, since it stopped me from posting my experience when the cremation was done.

I can only be grateful that Colin was a man who never cared about any forum and probably never even bothered to read here or elsewhere.
    Guess he was a lot wiser than me and us for that.