Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bondi Hotel for sale.

Re: Bondi Hotel for sale.

This is the (late) famous Monty's former hotel isn't it?

Liked

No. The two bars he ran were actually inside the Jomtiem complex---not on the beach like The Bondi.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

Liked

On the main subject of the Bondi being for sale, I have enjoyed many late afternoon visits here when the day is a bit cooler, it is a great place to sit after a day going around and enjoying an early evening bite to eat, they do a nice range of snack food. Sitting with coffee/snack, beer and breeze from sea with plenty passing jetsam-flotsam to watch. It would be a pity if it did not go to another gay owner keeping it in the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I'm now having second thoughts about going there. I send my friend away for a few hours each night so I can go and enjoy the bars by myself, but I just hate being the only customer. (If I were planning to off a guy, it would be different - less competition). And walking around Sunee and passing all those businesses for sale is quite depressing, as is the lack of life in the sois. The fun factor has gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    I have to be honest there's that much talk of bars being closed and places being dead etc etc I'm really giving it serious thought to just bypass Pattata although this trip or at least reduce my time there if I do go.
    Well I'm heading to Thailand next couple of days and Pattaya/Sunee will be in the plans as usual. 15 years I've visited in June and 15 years been hearing the same stuff about more quiet, quietest year yet! bars closed etc etc.. with the usual dreary repetitive, sunee is dead! junk from MFAS and never failed to enjoy myself in exactly the same manner as every other year.

MFAS and others take a snapshot of the area when they happen to be there and project that as how things have been the whole evening. Most forget that many of the bars in Sunee open 6pm to 2am, and it's the through traffic during that 6-8 hours of their opening time which dictates their viability. Nobody but the bar owners know exactly what that volume of bums-on-seats and amount of drink orders over so many hours equates to. The staff are paid for their evening/night whatever, so on a daily basis really only utility costs are the main consideration. I often pass Colonial 2-3 times a night and every time I pass has a different quantity of customers, from busy to not-so.

Even if a couple of bars do close there are TONS of others still operating! How many bars and boys do guys need when there for a few days?? add in the numerous clubs, karaokes, massage joints, beach, wat-chai food outlets from 1am onwards, and all year round there are heaps, tons, stacks, lots of venues and places for gay visitors with available boys.

Personally I would never consider another alternative to Thailand at any time of year, I do visit other places as well but never instead of.... All just my opinion of course, ManForAllSeasons is clearly the main man with his finger on the pulse, with all his exciting posts on Pizza outlets etc.. so I'm sure his 15 year old claim of sunee is dead! will come to pass ONE day.

Liked

Newalaan2 underestimates MFAS. He's a gentleman of considerable means for one thing. He can well afford to take not a snap shot but a full video of Sunee from 6pm to 2am and beyond if he so desires.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    NIrish wrote:
    I'm really giving it serious thought to just bypass Pattata although this trip or at least reduce my time there if I do go.
    I'm also in the same boat. .
    Same same with me...
    Hence the reason I am heading to KL for 3 days on my way to Thailand
    And slso considering heading from there to Phuket or Siem Reap for a few days before Pattaya...

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    15 years I've visited in June and 15 years been hearing the same stuff about more quiet, quietest year yet! bars closed etc etc.. with the usual dreary repetitive, sunee is dead!
    I have heard the same stuff regurgitated over the last 15 years too... but this year (Jan and April) were the first years that i actually have started to believe chicken-licken and feel that the sky may actually be falling down! I didn't off a single boy on my last trip (hence no trip report!) - there was simply nobody worth offing!

On top of that this month so far has ben the worst ever for the usual "no customer" messages on FB and Line... Seems that NIrish skippng his songkran holiday has really affected the local economy!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I was wondering, who owns Bondi? Before the name change, wasn't it owned by a Belgian guy?

It has gotten worse and worse of the years....i can only talk about the 15 years I have lived or holidayed in Thailand. That doesn't mean there is no more fun to be had. But it is really getting harder and harder to find (my taste) cute guys. Two weeks ago I went out with a friend in Sunnee. We went to 2 bars and both had plenty boys but nothing I would off.

Here is of course where taste comes in.

For those people who keep living in denial, and there are quite some. Maybe someone can make a list of gogo bars or show it on a map...15 years ago and now. 1/5 left in sunnee? The steadily decline of bars and boys cannot be denied.

But still I'm on my way this weekend because there is just no alternative for me in Asia. For you guys in the US, South America is so much closer. I wonder what is going there.

Someone said Budapest...I admit, it has been a long time since I've been there but it was the worst of any countries I went for sex.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    For those people who keep living in denial, and there are quite some. Maybe someone can make a list of gogo bars or show it on a map...15 years ago and now. 1/5 left in sunnee? The steadily decline of bars and boys cannot be denied.
    I don't think anyone is claiming everything has remained unchanged in 15 years! The main point is that there have been claims made year after year that sunee is dead! or about to die.... Tell me that when 25 of the 30 bars suddenly close down, until then i'll go by what is open and operating when I visit.

I also remember a sunee back then that had more agogo bars than now, but I also remember the sad and deplorable state of the area surrounding them, full of underage urchins, gangs, and out-of-control yaba freaks. There were a few of those 4/5ths bars packed with youngsters and packed with those who sought them...so in my opinion NO LOSS there. That is why I rarely visited there in the early 2000's except to look in by NokNok and a couple of the better beer bars. Give me the 'quieter' version of sunee as the recent few years have been....anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    I didn't off a single boy on my last trip
    Yikes colmx! Now that does need taken notice of! I'll see what my impressions are over the next couple of weeks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman
    I was wondering, who owns Bondi? Before the name change, wasn't it owned by a Belgian guy?

It has gotten worse and worse of the years....i can only talk about the 15 years I have lived or holidayed in Thailand. That doesn't mean there is no more fun to be had. But it is really getting harder and harder to find (my taste) cute guys. Two weeks ago I went out with a friend in Sunnee. We went to 2 bars and both had plenty boys but nothing I would off.

Here is of course where taste comes in.

But still I'm on my way this weekend because there is just no alternative for me in Asia. For you guys in the US, South America is so much closer. I wonder what is going there.

Someone said Budapest...I admit, it has been a long time since I've been there but it was the worst of any countries I went for sex.
    I must admit that it is a sad true that it is getting harder and harder to find cute guys and also that there is less and less go go bars available in Thailand , Phuket / Paradise complex as well . In my last visit there 3 month ago (after more that 8 years absence) I was shocked to find out that only one Soi was left with gay go go bars also most of the boys I wouldn't
    off .Years ago there were many cute boys at the bars and after 01:00 many attractive freelancers it was boys paradise heaven zone indeed .

Liked

To get back to the original point ie that Bondi restaurant /guesthouse on the beach is for sale.
    I don't have a clue how much the guys want for the place but I do think it might be an attractive investment given it's location and regular clientel.
    I wonder would a new owner be expected to take on the thai manager and staff when longstanding places like this are sold? If yes I can see good and bad attached to that.