In my experience, there seems to be no correlation between the price of the hotel room and the behaviour of the guests.

I frequently stayed in a very nice hotel in Paris when I was working; it cost a lot more than the A and P hotel (I didn't pay - the company did) and the behaviour of some of the guests was often disgusting. For example, one night we were chatting in the lobby before going upstairs to bed when an immaculately dressed group staying at the hotel returned and all pissed up against the door before coming inside! The next morning, reception told me that the police had been called and the guests were evicted - with no refund.

People spewing in the corridors on the Wilton-Berber, ugly fights over dinner in hotel restaurants, a food fight(!!!) at breakfast...I've seen it all. And I'll bet I'm not the only one who has witnessed people behaving as if they were staying at a youth hostel.

I don't know how the urine detector works; probably a chemical in the water that turns bright red or something when it detects urine. But in any case, the water in the pool is purified and apparently chlorine-free, and it really is crystal clear. Anyone pissing would be spotted immediately - no dye required.