Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New bar opened in old Topman,the Scotland Discussion

Liked

Re: New bar opened in old Topman,the Scotland Discussion

Well I'm just saying what I feel at this time Pennyboy. I appreciate you feel differently, but I'm not sure exactly what it is you're "proud" of.

For 15 hours yesterday, and irrespective of which side people were on, you must agree that ordinary Scots for the first time ever held their own sovereignty in their own hands. They voted to give it away forever.

In my view that deserves no respect, no sympathy, and no future support. I therefore opt out - and when they get fucked in the arse as I fully expect - too bad, they have bent over and can take what's coming. I completely disown them.

I could have just slunk away, disappeared from this forum, and never commented again (no cheering please!) - but I'd much rather just call it as I see it. If that's sad and embittered, so be it.

Liked

The result clearly show a nation divided. How that divide can be healed (if it can) will take better politicians than I've seen evidence of.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

It must be frustrating for those who supported the No vote.
    However, the results are what the majority wants.
    Because of the referendum Scots will not suddenly become 2 nations in one, so both camps need to find a way forward.
    At any rate if the UK gov to be believed, the result will still be much more powers to the Scots.

I see Salmonella has done the honourable thing and resigned. Quiet satisfaction at High Table that another Scots troublemaker has been seen off.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    The result clearly show a nation divided. How that divide can be healed (if it can) will take better politicians than I've seen evidence of.
    I suggest everyone relax. If one is free from cancer and is not otherwise terminally ill what matters politics?
    Scotland has been a complex place for a long time what with picts, scots(irish), norse(danes/norwegians) lowland english with their cheviots, asians, americans and so on adding their genes to the Albanach pool.
    The almost total destruction of highland society during the infamous clearances was partly due to the GAELIC chiefs putting profit before the welfare of their loyal tenants. That secession turned out to be a step too far for this complex country doesn't surprise me.

Liked

Nothing to be ashamed of Scottish-guy. I wanted a "no" only because of the pound as I live in Thailand. Had I been a Scot and entitled to vote I would have said "yes".
    And had "yes' prevailed it would of been that arse-hole Cameron resigning and not Salmon.

Liked

Surprisingly all I am going to say on the result is if the no vote won with Alistair Darling and Gordon Brown running the campaign it might have well been a landslide with a couple of decent politicians.

I've just been reading some of the things Scotty has said on this topic and he was a bit nasty to our Australian contributors but he was right about one thing, after the vote Scotland will be keeping the pound.

LATEST NEWS...... BP as just found another oil field in the North Sea estimated to hold 80 billion barrels of oil. What are the chances of that 2 days after the no result.

Oh well, that other tower of Scotland, Jim Dobbin as just died and its all of to Heywood and Middleton. Isn't that where the Pakistani grooming gang and the satanic abuse started ?
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

I am very thrilled by the Scottish decision against independence if for no other reason than it is shoved up Scottish guy's "know it all" ass.

Liked

Oooooohh thanks, Marti - it's been a long time since I had it shoved up my arse for free!

If only you'd been a bit bigger dear ......

:-*

Liked

I think the Scottish electorate has demonstrated common sense and deserves some praise. Not coming from the UK (including Scotland) myself, I think both the high level of participation in the referendum and the outcome as such are laudable. On the one hand, breaking away from the UK is fraught with risk and uncertainties, so it's not surprising to me that most Scots (and the older ones in particular) didn't want to take a chance. On the other hand, to achieve a higher level of autonomy from Westminster - a vision that many NO voters seem to share - it was probably necessary to stage a credible threat of separation.

The way I'm reading it, the result of the vote is reflecting just that. Promises can be broken, but I think the Scots have shown that they're prepared to go all the way in case that happens. It will be interesting to see how the negotiations will go, and more likely than not, the YES supporters will have achieved something in the end.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...