Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October visit.

Liked

Re: October visit.

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    Every month is a good month to visit Thailand.

(With the exception of April/Songkran, but that's a personal dislike, might not be applicable to you.)
    Right on! Just like every month is a good month to visit San Francisco or Paris.

Liked

If you're here for the weather, October is a month you should avoid. We can have some really nasty thunderstorms with heavy rain in October.

But if you're here for the boys then any month is a good one.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by billy2bs
    Well it seeems that I cannot get to LOS for Songkran and must delay until October. I am wondering what the weather will be like at that time. Is it not still the rainy season or has that passed on by that time? ThaNKS for any thoughts. I will have to check the weather history.
    I hope your handle "billy2bs" is not another version of "badboybilly".

That you can write 54 words or there abouts without a spelling mistake (except for "seeems") gives me some hope that the homo-australis-semi-sapiens is not back again to haunt us.

Liked

The only visit I ever made in October was on my first trip to Thailand in 1993. As we got off the large coach, dropping off passengers at various Pattaya hotels, there was 6"-9" of water in the forecourt of what was then the very newly opened Royal Garden Hotel (now the Marriott). I thought at that point that the holiday was going to be a disaster, but in fact it all drained away within an hour or so - and the Pattaya drainage system in 2014 is far better than it was then. So, in conclusion, I think rainfall is quite likely - but in concentrated bursts that will probably clear up within a short time.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Due to work commitments, I always visited Pattaya in October and November and could not complain too much about the weather. Many boys and few customers is a nice situation, especially in October when schools and universities have some holidays, increasing the stream of isan students coming to the beach to supplement their income.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com