Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: What is your yearly income? (Based on the US Dollar)

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 to $10,000 Dollars a year.

1 2.33%
  • $10,000 to $20,000 Dollars a year.

3 6.98%
  • $20,000 to $30,000 Dollars a year.

4 9.30%
  • $30,000 to $40,000 Dollars a year.

2 4.65%
  • $40,000 to $50,000 Dollars a year.

0 0%
  • $50,000 to $60,000 Dollars a year.

6 13.95%
  • $60,000 to $70,000 Dollars a year.

4 9.30%
  • $70,000 to $80,000 Dollars a year.

2 4.65%
  • $80,000 to $90,000 Dollars a year.

1 2.33%
  • $90,000 to $100,000 Dollars a year.

1 2.33%
  • Over $100,000 Dollars a year.

19 44.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your yearly income?

Liked

Re: What is your yearly income?

just checked the Australian figures as the US figures seemed low

In NSW the average loan size in 2002 was $212,400 but has risen to $341,800 resulting in the average monthly repayment increasing by 61 per cent to $2295.

In Victoria the average loan rose from $175,900 to $306,500 and repayments increased by 74 per cent to $2058.

In Queensland the loan size rose from $152,700 to $289,900 and the average repayments climbed by 90 per cent to $1946.

http://www.news.com.au/realestate/inves ... 6618600333

Liked

Mind your own bleedin' business!!
    Only a Thai boy would be able to ask such a question and he'd get the same answer.
    AND you are in no way a Thai boy.

Liked

Why would you ask such a question?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    What is all this talk about it being none of my business? Why not just ignore the thread? Don't let it get to you, it's just the internet. If you choose to participate or not, it is totally your choice.

It's just a message board. No reason to get so emotional.
    Oh for fuck sake. Does one have to use a smilie to let you in on what is pretty obvious tongue-in-cheek ... like a joke man ... like a minor sarcasm to a guy who's been posting on this board for just about forever and thus should get it, especially in the company of such crowd of old reprobates and losers who populate this joint: for example ... Timmberty.

OK OK does this help: =P~ B-) =))
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Nirishguy wrote:
    I think the term "careless" is probably relative as of course what one person sees as "careless" spending another may see as perfectly acceptable and more "carefree" rather than careLESS in their particular bigger scheme of things
    I totally agree. I mean, Christian would probably think many of us display spending habits which he would describe as "careless" whereas many of us have a different view on money matters.

And what about value for money? We all have different ideas as to what constitutes "value." Some here have complained about paying 350 baht for a beer in Soi Twilight, but if there's a show to entertain me, I think that is excellent value for money. Where else in the world could I enjoy guys having sex right in front of my eyes, and openly parading around displaying their attributes, all for about $10? it's an absolute bargain, especially when I think about how little $10 will buy me in Oz!

As for the question being "none of your business" well it's an anonymous poll with no way of knowing which poster is earning which salary. So I don't know how you can tell Bucky to mind his own business.

Now, if a bar boy were to ask me that question, then I would definitely tell him to mind his own business - but in a nice way.

Liked

I love it. Everyone makes over $100k/year, but if beer goes up by 10 baht, there's no shortage of complaints.

Liked

NObodys on my income bracket, but then im retired, so just wondered what the average retirement income, in the US is

Liked

I don't see what the fuss is all about.
    I had no problem answering the poll but I lied

Liked

I live in Thailand so my yearly income is much lower than when I lived and worked in Europe.

But I do have an Internet online job that gives me enough to live a good enough life in Thailand.

Liked

Your comments assume that spending habits are directly related to income level and this is not true in many cases. In fact, many times the reverse is true!

Also, some of your wording is very subjective as noted by others with your use of the word "careless" and "high" when referring to spending. But even assuming everyone has the same definition, it may not directly relate to income levels.

Many people with excellent incomes are very frugal and do not tip, spend money shopping, or eat higher-priced meals, stay in the best hotels or are generous. Many people with small incomes spend money on things they can't afford and use credit.

Your survey also does not identify whether the person lives in Thailand or not. Someone spending money to fly halfway around the world may spend the same as a fixed income pensioner who lives there (or not). Or this may be their once a year splurge and they may spend a lot more. Or someone on a smaller income, living closer to Thailand, may also decide to splurge and be generous.

I don't see how such a survey will change anyone's future advice.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz