Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: babylon bangkok comments please

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: babylon bangkok comments please

BKK this big city under so much protest this week, has about 40 gay sauna-spread all over town, of which Bbln is just 1. Comments are true-its THE farang hang out by far.
    In that Silom tourist ghetto, there are also: M10-not a great choice, Sauna Mania-of which is often said to be sticky rice (that means aseans for aseans only-often has large quantities of mainland Chinese) and Men Factory-in the same soi as GOD is, and Heaven. There are many listing sites for PLU-like gayscout, travelgayasia and the mapped out (google for) nickys gaybangkok-though unlike his promise, he does not update., use these for adress and more info.
    Sauna catering for Thai are mostly for just after work having the pressure drop off-busy from 18.00 or so and petering out by 20/21.00. Some-far, far away from Silom ghetto, sauna's roar in the nighttime.

Liked

Traveller Dave's question can be easily answered.
    The Thais who frequent Sansuk tend to be guys who are on the scene; they are younger than at Babylon and are likely to wander off in the early evening to work at Sunee or wherever. They are less likely (in my experience) to be looking for hook-ups with older falang, though I have met delightful exceptions.
    In Babylon, you will meet Asian tourists of different ages, relatively comfortably-off Thais (Babylon is expensive for Thais), predominantly late twenties upwards (though again I've met younger ones). That has been my experience from many visits (afternoons only) over the past sixteen years.
    I like the facilities at Sansuk; the restaurant's Thai menu is good value (I've only eaten Thai there) and the swimming pool isn't as large as Babylon' but I prefer it. However, in terms of meeting Thais (or Asians) I am much more likely to be successful at Babylon than at Sansuk...though I should add the caveat that I've never stayed beyond about 20.00 at either facility. Nor am I much of a "catch" for anybody!

Liked

I find the Babylon a nice place to spend an afternoon/evening even without the cruising/sex part. A nice pool to read a book around, well equipped gym, good food at a reasonable price. Definitely more cruisey after dark and you may actually have more luck hooking up with an asian tourist from Taiwan, China, HK etc. than the sometimes picky Thai boys. The entrance price is a real bargain compared to Saunas in The West.

Liked

Just had a look at their website, open 10:30 am to 10:30 pm, from my last visit: is starts emtying from 9 pm on.

I have been many times over the years, with varying success rates. There are not many twinks.

It has the best lit area with "rest room"s of all saunas I know, there is enough light so I can make a decision whom I would like to join for "rest" in the room. All other saunas are too dark for my taste.

Alternatives are Chakran (Soi Aree, Saphan Kwai), there are more Asians, but mostly sticky rice. Level of cleanliness and maintenance is similar to Babylon, size about half of Babylon. In saunas that are mainly for Thai you might find the level of cleanliness and maintenance well below what I consider acceptable.

Liked

I just went to Babylon 1 week ago for the first time. And I really liked it It gets crowded about 4 pm (was on a Monday) and people leave around 8 pm. But I had lots of fun, it was just too dark for me, I like to see the people I touch...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My biggest ongoing complaint about Babylon is the heat in the cubicle area - it's verging on unbearable and even just walking around the place can get you into a sweat never mind getting hot and heavy with some guy in one of the cubicles cum instant sweat boxes complete with their PVC bench covers which all doesn't help upstairs - and whilst hot and sweaty sex can be fun sometimes when the sweat ends up dripping from the end of your nose when you're doing nothing more than partaking a mildly energetic blow job you just know someone's has set the thermostat to high again ! :-(

Liked

what a wonderful picture you've painted, NIrish - they should use that in their advertising
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

ha yes perhaps - and to be fair to them I guess they do call it a sauna after all so perhaps the clue as to the temperature to be expected might in the name there I guess - but if only they would keep that heat IN the sauna room and not in the general public areas where one is expected - nay required - to fuck then that would be be much more thoughtful of them ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nirish...you must have been there on the only day in the last 10 years that the aircon broke down (yes I'm calling you a bare faced liar), the aircon is usuallu set pretty cold, in fact too cold for my liking...clearly you have never set foot in the place......

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thank you for those kind words Latin, how very civil of you.

You are of course QUITE wrong and I could go on and give you a running commentary of the place or of the various foam parties I've attended ( and posted about here I believe in the past) or if you really know the place as well as you believe you appear to think you do i could PM you and have a conversation about one of the long time bar waiters there ( who is quite popular and happens to have quite a large dick) and who I met there several years ago and have been very "friendly with" for years now and still meet him on each of my trips both in and out of his work still and talk to him about once a fortnight when I'm here at home.

Or we could discuss how terribly slippery that wee bit of angled tiled floor gets as you walk on it with wet / soapy foam covered feet when going from the bar down into the toilets or how deadly narrow and steep those stairs from the bar up to the cubicle area can be in wet feet also if going up them when leaving the large downstair shower room, or how those damned water proof shower curtains with the metal rings on them are just about useless in that small upstairs shower room - you know the one with the one private shower to the right hand side of the mirror or the communal ones to the left just next to the wall mounted towel hooks or then as you come out of there and head on to the right into the top private cabin area, you know the one that leads down through that ridiculously narrow and dark passage way that takes you on down to the door to take you across the balcony area where you can look down and across into the bar area before you go on across into the other walk around area, over that bit of metal flooring stuff that cuts the feet of you as you walk over it ( or it does me anyway) where if you can then turn right and go on past more cabins and admire that strange sculpture thing hanging from the roof, until you either reach the end and decide to go down the spiral staircase to the showers etc or just turn back and then go out to the right and pass the dark room / maze area, where you can maybe sit on that nice long bench in the dark area and get the benefit of the cold aircon that happens to hit just that spot it seems, before heading on into that usually ridiculously warm main cabin area that I'd mentioned, you know the one with those horrible faded blue colour PVC covers over those foam cushion things on the raised bed / bench areas with the wall mounted dimmer switches and the peep holes in the sliding doors, until you eventually reach those damned wet and dangerous narrow stairs again ( well wet on foam nights anyway) and then you're back down into the bar area again........ yeah I could do that and then perhaps expect an apology for such unnecessary rudeness, but hey I'll not bother as if YOU say I haven't been there more times that I care to remember and that I happened to feel totally roasted on at least three of my last visits ! then I guess you must be right and I must be wrong and I was "obviously" dreaming it seems.

Don't worry, I'll accept your apology for calling me a "bare faced liar" graciously just anytime you're ready - unless of course you were joking and then that's all just fine sure.