Logout new messages Control Panel Forum Search Board Features
    Put your mouse over Control Panel and follow the following drop down menus

Control Panel
    Edit Account Settings

then click and the next page opens up.

Edit account Settings

E-mail address
    ......................................you'll see it over here to the right

(Make sure you have a valid one in the box)

Submit

And you're done, if you need any help, let me know!

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Hopes & Dreams...an Important Sawatdee Update

Quote Originally Posted by netrix
    cool! will it have a mobile version?
    and can we get some cool plugins for liking a post or giving reputation points, etc?
    Yes, there is full support for responsive (ie. mobile) themes, so it should look great on your smartphones and tablets. If it doesn't, just raise hell, and I'll make sure it does.

Yes, there will be a "like" post feature as well. As for reputation, I'm uncertain at the moment. I've thought about it, but have yet to bring it up with Surfcrest or jinks, as we're busy with other things at the moment. When the time comes, I'll ask about having it implemented. I personally think it's an excellent idea for SGT, as in my eyes, it's a great tool for self-moderation within the community.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dante
    As for reputation, I'm uncertain at the moment.
    I think it's a great idea, all the Board bullies will be able to gang up on posters they particularly dislike and send their reputation into the toilet.
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty
    I think it's a great idea, all the Board bullies will be able to gang up on posters they particularly dislike and send their reputation into the toilet.
    From my experience, the problem is generally the other way around. Not people ganging up to give someone negative reputation, but instead, cliques of members banding together and giving each other positive reputation to inflate their status. This only really holds true on business orientated forums where money / income is at stake though, so doubt it holds true for SGT.

I thought the Forum had something like this a few years ago - it was called "karma points" or something similar and members could assign karma points to other posters. On a Forum that trades mostly in opinions and insults I'm not sure it serves the same value as a similar feature on my Board where members who routinely give expert and valuable advice on the Board gain "trust" points from other posters. That way they become the "go to" guy. However that's based on objective standards not on some sort of beauty contest.

Liked

Another Update;

When we switch over to the new vBulletin site we will be at the same address http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com
    By navigating to http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com when we move to vBulletin...the site will look very different than how it looks today here on the phpBB.

You will see at the top right hand corner;

user name......password......Help......Register
    For your first visit to the new site you will click Register

Where it says User Name, you will enter your Sawatdee Gay Thailand user name.
    Because we moved all of your User Names over already, the system should tell you;

That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards.
    If you are _________ and you have forgotten your password, click here

click

This will take you to the next page;

Lost Password Recovery Form

Enter the email address you verified with us on this site.

Type in the Image Verification that we use to filter some of the spam.

Click request user name and password now at the bottom right.

The system will then send you an email to your verified email address telling you your system generated password.

When you return to the site next, you can log on with your user name and the system generated password.

You can edit your profile and change your password by going to;

Settings (top right corner) when you are logged on. click

Then on the left hand side;

My Settings
    My Account
    Edit email & password

Here you can change your password or your primary email address.
    If ever you need a password reset....it is important to keep your email address current and valid.

Hopefully this will help you all through the initial Registration process, once we move to the new vBulletin Sawatdee Gay Thailand

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Re-joined members

Some members have left Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand.com at one point of time and have had to re-join.

For some of you this means your current user name is not connected to your former user name, or your current posts are not connected to your old posts.
    Some of you may need to have your joined dates adjusted to the old date.
    Some of you have issues with the user name you are using today because your old name was deleted.

If you have any of these issues, I would like to try and have these issues resolved for you before you log on to the new site.
    Please send me an email (surfcrest@hotmail.com) or a PM as soon as you can.

Surfcrest

Liked

I'm hoping the RSS feeds don't change. Or to be more precise, I hope that the Gay SE Asia feed posts more than headlines; the other two post details.
    "If you think you understood what I said you weren't listening" - Alan Greenspan