Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sawatdee Hopes and Dreams?

Liked

Re: Sawatdee Hopes and Dreams?

Wombat, you are correct about Paperboy. When he first posted I was skeptical and thought he might be a troll. How wrong I was and I apologize to him for thinking that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah, I owe Paperboy an apology (if I didn't already) too... mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    Actually I quite enjoy the chase. Usually it's pretty obvious from the first post. My mate and his accomodation, long hair boys, matzo soup etc etc.
    Yeah... Me too actually. So easy to recognise him... I crack up when I see him taking the piss. Nothing he did here can match piss takes he managed to pull off on GBT though. :rolling:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Now that the board has a new Captain at the wheel who has not named his new crew, nor has he told us passengers what direction he would like to steer us, and for now has employed the "jinks auto pilot" till he is ready to captain this thing.

Before he begins to rearrange the deck chairs, I thought it would be a good time to let him know what us, the passengers, would like to see around here or if we would like things to remain the same and want him to simply stay the course?
    i agree, although i am seldom on this forum, but visit many other forum, many times i discover that fora is mostly an outlet for desperate people letting out their frustrations, most of them are sitting lonely behind the computer, because that is mostly the only way to communicate with the outside world, . Comments are felt as personal attacks. Some people are very good in writing and can attack and will. do this till the last letter, some enjoys this, because they. are lonely , this is the only way of satisfaction.

Why can we write as normal people with each other, share each other experiences, be nice , we are a short time on this world and we have to enjoy it. Sure discussions can be sharp , but then play the ball and not the person

we should be mature persons, but when i read some reactions, it look like fighting children.

And please do not judge me on my grammar or so , because mainly all the people writing in their native language, stuck on one language, beside I am Dutch , I have to communicate in German and French.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Since I went to bed last night there have been posts to 16 threads, with many threads having many follow up posts as well.

Just two weeks ago Sawatdee was foundering with three posts in a full day.
    But how many of these posts to 16 threads have been about gay Thailand? Most were about present and former owner, reading PMs and general bitching.

You have to distinguish between quality and quantity of posts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    But how many of these posts to 16 threads have been about gay Thailand? Most were about present and former owner, reading PMs and general bitching.You have to distinguish between quality and quantity of posts.
    Very true, but there was an awful lot of pent up frustration. That has had to be let out.

A backlash was always going to happen with a barrage of posts on 2 or 3 specific subjects. It's probably been best to just let that happen and it will just die down.

At least posters are back posting, the last months the posting traffic dropped-off dramatically, so at least 'quantity' is a step in the right direction. Soon everybody will forget ***** and move on to other subjects, these umpteen post threads will just slip down the front page.

Gossip and robust discussion have always been part of SGFs DNA, I can't see how that can be changed. Look at a typical front page 1 month ago or 1 year ago, probably 50 normal threads about gay Thailand issues and 2/3 'personal' threads, so i think the bitching gets blown up out of proportion sometimes. If you are trying to say that the very few threads appearing on other gay Thailand forums are full of quality i would have to disagree with you.

I've seen thoughts of other prominent board owners nauseous attitudes for years now and there's nothing new or much quality there either. Each of the forums have their own way of discussing gay Thailand subjects, but they're all slow in terms of traffic and quality.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Yeah, I owe Paperboy an apology (if I didn't already) too... mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal
    Actually I quite enjoy the chase. Usually it's pretty obvious from the first post. My mate and his accomodation, long hair boys, matzo soup etc etc.
    Yeah... Me too actually. So easy to recognise him... I crack up when I see him taking the piss. Nothing he did here can match piss takes he managed to pull off on GBT though. :rolling:
    Pulling the wool over GB's eyes is hardly a challenge!

Liked

I see the subtle change that we are now the "new" Sawatdee

It would be kinda nice to see a "under new management" sign go up and when the new owner is ready, put up a grand opening banner for the new birth of us all here :tongue3:
    These are the good'ol days