Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice Boys Bar For Sale - Sunee Plaza

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Nice Boys Bar For Sale - Sunee Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay
    I used to know a man in London who was a successful bar manager and owner... you need to watch the money like a hawk. Spending every night of the week, 8 till 2 in the morning, glued to a cash register
    That's such a typical small business owner mentality... I've no doubt he was successful with that bar but with that mentality and approach, he was only ever going to be successful operating one bar at a time and have no time freedom or lifestyle whatsoever.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    but with that mentality and approach, he was only ever going to be successful operating one bar at a time and have no time freedom or lifestyle
    I don't think you've read my post at all carefully BL
    who sold out his pub and moved back to Ireland (where he became a wealthy man, investing the money in a shop which he traded up into a small independent supermarket chain, which he then sold to one of the bigger chains

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I did read that bit and I was referring to the bar/cafe/restaurant type of business... the stuff you described him doing later is a separate thing.

Liked

The second paragraph is outside of the quotation marks and has nothing to do with him. It's my opinion of what running a bar in Sunee would be like.

he quote has been fixed I do believe correctly by me. If not send a PM and I will revisit the thread. Neal

Liked

By the way, there is another post on another board indicating that "he (the poster) was told last night by Beer, Nice Boys' manager, is not for sale." I was with that poster when Beer told him. I also would suggest any interested parties contact Beer directly.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Several people that I know have asked me if I should do something to this thread as Beer states that the bar is not for sale and George made it all up.
    Interesting.

How about we just consider another thought?

I understand and I have been thinking about this new revelation and the bar not being for sale and its all a lie that George made up.
    Is it not possible that George was asked to help sell the bar but when he heard everyone KNEW about it because George posted it on three open forums it got Beer scared that people would think the bar is going under and he will lose business? George is a reputable man that I have known for many years. He just would not pull this story out of thin air and I have not known him to be mean and vicious like me! :gy:

Liked

Gentlemen, I just came back from talking with Beer and can confirm that he has had a change of heart and is NOT selling Nice Boys. He apologized and I have accepted, so there's not much else to say other than I will show him how to do his own posting in the future.

And for all you conspiracy fans on the board, I hate to disappoint you, but I would never make up something this important and I take things like this very seriously. I was just trying to help out and he asked me to post the information which I did. It's over as it should be for the rest of you. I have a good relationship with Beer and don't need some yahoo trying to screw it up with bogus accusations. As I've heard before, no good deed goes unpunished. How true for some of you!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well there is the answer. Bar not for sale because he was hard worked and down and now has a change of heart. There need not be any further discussin on this topic.