List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Pattaya ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Patta

I assume but not sure they are legal but would require yet another license and have more laws associated with it.

Liked

LoL sorry guys you are asking the wrong person for a view on the future of a gay venues or a modern new gay venue for Pattaya. I have spent the past 2 years going over severely options most have which have been covered here and long term would not be financially sustainable.

If any thing new large and exiting is going to happen in the Pattaya gay front it will be by a Russian millionaire with nothing better to do marketed for the younger end of the market.

I know many disagree but they are here they are here to stay and they are catering for them selves and the Russian market.

The odd go go bar male and female will survive but more as tourist attractions, if the local government has its way.

The Russian tourist industry is a floating market they spend on average 10/15 years holidaying in the latest hot spots before slowly moving on and out, of course I am referring to the country as a whole not individuals.

So back to me not sure what to do LEARN Russian? :bounce:
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

When i'm in Pattaya ..i go to straight clubs too...like Mix Discotheque at the top of walking street......and they have open Dance floors like in the west...so is it someting just in gay places in Pattaya ?

Liked

Another type of hybrid I think could work well is a massage shop/bar. Nice to be able to relax with a drink and chat before choosing a masseur.

Liked

I think that option may already be available at the Up2U massage/bar in Sunee Plaza. Although come to think of it, I believe it was closed when I visited in the afternoon a couple of trips ago. Maybe someone has some updated info on the place.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerMind
    Another type of hybrid I think could work well is a massage shop/bar. Nice to be able to relax with a drink and chat before choosing a masseur.
    When I first started to visit Bangkok my first sauna was the Albury where you could have a meal or drink and watch the boys perform in the gym. From memory the boys were numbered and had ratings as to what they did and what they did not do. Not sure if it still allowed but it was a great idea.

I had asked about the two massages near Tukcom which are big enough to have a bar, why they had not done so. Blue House and Royal House . I still think it is an option for them to consider.

I think a cool drink in the bigger places while considering the boys, an excellent idea.

The cheaper small massages around Tukcom have lower prices, you shower by yourself and a happy ending is the best you can expect. Their english is straight from the farm.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Thanks a447 - I'll have to check that place out during my next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    When I first started to visit Bangkok my first sauna was the Albury where you could have a meal or drink and watch the boys perform in the gym. From memory the boys were numbered and had ratings as to what they did and what they did not do. Not sure if it still allowed but it was a great idea.
    Sounds like a fine establishment - addition of a gym would further enhance the experience.

I had asked about the two massages near Tukcom which are big enough to have a bar, why they had not done so. Blue House and Royal House . I still think it is an option for them to consider.

I think a cool drink in the bigger places while considering the boys, an excellent idea.

The cheaper small massages around Tukcom have lower prices, you shower by yourself and a happy ending is the best you can expect. Their english is straight from the farm.
    I must say I greatly prefer these establishments. The way to best enjoy the experience is to arrive insisting you want nothing more than than an oil massage and gradually allow the masseur to convince you otherwise. With the right sort of attitude you'll find all sorts of things on the menu.

I've had nothing but disappointment in the higher fee / 'minimum tip' type places. An unsexy massage, followed by a unenthusiastic performance. The guaranteed tip together with the structured nature of the thing takes away all the incentive and excitement.

Liked

Not quite accurate, in my experience. But it does depend on the customer....agree it is not a "sure thing'

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No pressure to offa boy...or invoye a boy to sit next to you so you can buy him drinks....just leave me alone and in my own good time I will decide. Currently in the Atlanta in the US enjoying the long weekend (presidents day weekend) with a friend.
    We hit 3 gogo /stripper bars.
    BJ Roosters;boys in underwear dance on the bar, you reach up feel their privates/arse in exchange for a USD1.00 tip, yes one dollar, and they are happy, for USD10 they will give you a lap dance in a private booth where you can fully explore their bodies.
    Bliss; at any time there will be 3 guys stripping on different stages, they pole dance and strip compltely nakes and swing their junk all over the place, again when you walk up to give then a 1 dollar tip you graba good feel of their junk. later in the evening, like after midnight, while strippers are on stage other guys walk among the audience naked (audience sit at little tables) and agin for one dollar tips you can grope to your earts content.
    swinging richards, same a bliss.
    I spent close to a 100 dollars in the 3 places in total and only had 5 beers, the rest was tips; had heaps of fun; groped at least 20 guys.
    Now wish Thailand had the same...but being THAIland....only better.

In early Jan visited St Louis...one stripper bar, cant recall the name, it was the best, on the wrong side of town, economically depressed, and the strippers really allowed one to fondle them at length for a dollar or two...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    I have spent the past 2 years going over severely options most have which have been covered here and long term would not be financially sustainable.
    You're probably right...

Here's the sobering thing... All the sexpats and sex tourists talk about wanting this and wanting that but it doesn't look like this segment as a whole is prepared to PAY a premium for any of it.

Many or most of you sound like you're flat out paying anything past 120 baht for a drink. That's about $3.50. Talk about a tough market to please. What Neal delivered with his last business is probably the extent of what you're going to be able to buy for that and he was about as proactive as a bar owner can get.

Where I am, most bars and clubs are charging around $8 to $11 per glass for spirits. The nightclub I went to on the weekend was priced at a premium, around $12 to $15 a glass for spirits. But it's more high end. Place is beautifully decked out. The DJs are awesome. There are less obnoxious morons and fewer douche bags. Toilets are the sort you'd find in a 5-star hotel. Service staff are plentiful and top notch. Never have to wait more than a minute to buy a drink. You get the picture. We have an awesome night every time we go there. The reason this place is financially sustainable is here, there's lots of people prepared to pay a premium for that level of service.

There are some markets where sufficient people are prepared to pay a premium for higher value service and some markets where people aren't. And in the market Mark is talking about, it's pretty clear if you build that sort of place and charge a reasonable premium for it, people won't come. It won't be economically viable.

People need to stop dreaming of the "ideal bar" and accept that their desires (or the desires of their group as a whole) aren't aligned with their affordability or willingness to pay. Just be happy with what you've got...