List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Pattaya ?

Liked

So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Pattaya ?

So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Pattaya ?.

Its a general question open to any one, would be nice to get intelligent replies, and things that are actually possible to do here in Pattaya with out giving all the takings to the police every six month after being plastered all over the Tv news.

Suggestions that are legal would be nice. :idea1: :idea1: :idea1: :idea1: :idea1:

I am looking for something to do so am interested in your replies.

Mark Retired owner Krazy Dragon. :occasion5: :occasion5:

Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: So what are you looking for in a gay modern bar in Patta

Without being factious my suggestion would be to sell, always easier to sell during high seasons.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Hi Mark.

Good to hear from you. I hope you are enjoying your free time...but now sounds like you may be getting a bit bored and looking for some new challenges.... :bounce:

You pose an interesting question, but I want to think about it a bit before really responding.

1. Reasonably priced drinks e.g 120B for a beer, 150B for spirits.
    2. Cute boys obviously - appealing to a wide range.
    3. No mamasans
    4. No boys asking for a drink.
    5. Music aimed at the customers, not the staff !!
    6. Nibbles available free (e.g. small dish of nuts/crisps - the salt encourages you to drink more anyway so pays for itself)
    7. Snacks (e.g. toasties, onion rings) available at a price.
    8. Management visible on the premises at all times, to keep things in order

:occasion9:

You hit the nail on the head with the word - "modern" bar - something that doesn't have whicker furniture, nice shiny (clean) modern surfaces would be nice, perhaps a small jukebox ( either free or paid) so the customers could select music in quieter times, decent decor in general and not dirty walls covered in a shoddy paint job and then re painted rather than washed down. Tables that don't wobble where the waiter doesn't have to stick coasters under it. get shot of those horrible ( dirty) knitted coaster things than keep sticking to your glass anyway. a more open "bar" feel where you CAN sit and talk to other farang or boys without it being a big deal, less tables where it's each to their own and everyone sitting around looking at each other, As Scots say a small selection of hot food nibble food to keep you there such as chicken wings etc (chargeable), the ability to actually GO to the bar and get served without it becoming a major issue and all sorts of drama with cheque bins when you're buying ONE beer, choice of proper drinks brands and not always the rip off stuff ( which ends up being charged at full price anyway), a decent sized glass for spirits and not a tiny glass with a half vodka in it and a "splash" of coke where after three mouthfuls it's empty only for a boy to try to refill you every two minutes - it might be profitable but nothing makes me leave a bar faster, NOT a lot of waiters ( I accept it depends on what sort of bar your thinking of here) but lots of guys standing about waiting on your every mouthful can be as off putting as NO staff .....oh I could go on :-) but basically something along the lines of telephone / Balcony bar etc where you can just go in a sit in a bar and shoot the breeze and it's NOT all about screwing you over, forcing you to drink at a pace more than you want to ( not that that's ever a problem for me), no raft of boys all looking for an off ( again depends on the type of bar of course) oh and clean and modern glass wear and not something that looks like it was bought in 1953 and is still being used....as I said I could go on :-) But to me the one thing gay pattaya lacks is a good sociable chatty drinking bar where when you're tired of the boys for a while you can go and sit and have a bit of crack - a bit like Cheers I guess :-) .....and if such a bar exists and I'm just not aware of it in Pattaya then do please someone feel free to point me in it's direction ! Oh and the most important thing of course - 100% FREE DRINKS 24-7 ! - actually screw all the above bits, just concentrate on the last part and I'm sure your bar will be full to bursting every night - for about two months until you're bankrupt I guess !!! :-)

Liked

I spent some time in Pattaya over New Year's. I was surprised at a big change. There were a lot of young-ish Western tourists hanging out in the beer bars of BoysTown.

And I was surprised again last week when my Thai quasi-boyfriend sent me a picture of himself and a bunch of other early-20s Thai men hanging out and seeming to have a great time in BoysTown.

What I'd like to see in a modern gay bar in Pattaya is a modern gay nightclub. Forget the beer bar model. There are plenty of those. Forget the go-go bar model. There are plenty of those, too. And forget the Dave's and NAB model because, well, if you have a choice, who really wants to buy an entire bottle of whiskey first thing upon walking in and then stand at the same table all night?

Open a proper nightclub. One with plenty of open space for mingling, dancing and strutting. Open a nightclub that can attract some proper electronic dance music DJs. If the place has the proper vibe, it'll attract gay men who just wanna have fun. It'll also then attract the cute guys who wouldn't mind flirting with older gentlemen, since they spend all evening doing that anyway on gayromeo.

Help nudge Pattaya in the direction it already seems to be going. Nighclubs are fun. And it seems everyone just complains about the quality of Pattaya beer bars and go-go bars, anyway.

Liked

1.) Reasonable drink prices. Not 300/beer, forcing people to go on a quick one drink in-and-out mission to grab a boy.

2.) Music at a decent level. When I goto a bar, I like to meet & talk to people. When the music is too loud to hear anyone, I tend to leave.

3.) Tables / booths.

4.) Nice, open lighting.

5.) Menus at the table, with food I can order. Not 5 star food or anything, but basically just pub food type of thing, and some platters of finger food.

6.) Free wi-fi.

7.) Shirtless waiters.

That way I can take my laptop down, hang out in comfort, check in on work, invite some boys to sit with me, have a few drinks together, maybe order a platter or two of finger food, etc. At the end before I realize, it's several hours later and my bill is 4000 baht. That's better than being in-and-out within 15 minutes.

Liked

I have been a regular visitor to Pattaya for 14 years , -----I recon Jimmy Lumsden is the champion of coming up with the best ideas and modern themes in demand , he was the nucleus of boys town , now his resort , folk like every thing in one place , room, food, bars ,pool , he does cabaret at baan suay ,i havent been yet but i can feel the mood having been looking at recent pictures of valentine night, why not add a night club , saves all the hassle of going into town ,

Well I haven't been to Baan Souey (or whatever it's called) either - but if what you say is true, why is the BBB offering 30-40 years out of date ( I assume he's still running that?)

:dontknow:

Liked

I have been inside a Gentlemans night club in Jomtien with straight friends, in soi watboon ,its very classy and men go there to find cute ladies of course, on stage and some shows going on .
    Very nice decor , and the music was good , not too loud.

I am sure Pattaya need something like that , a Gay night club , a bit different than the rest , but still relaxed , and no mamasans, drink prices dont have to be on the low side as long as the club itself gives you a good experience.

A club that you want to stay in for hours ....