Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Price Hike in DreamBoy BKK

Liked

Price Hike in DreamBoy BKK

The off fee in Dreamboy right now is 650 bht..

and starting next year (according to the mamasan) it's going to be a whopping 700 bht !!! too much isn't it..??!!

while Tawan is now 500 bht, not sure about Jupiter, Hotmale is still 400 bht..

i wonder if the expensive off fee in DReamBoy will affect the boys there...

Liked

Re: Price Hike in DreamBoy BKK

This owner has been getting away with milking his 90% Asian customers for some time. But he may have reached his limit. The customers will pay 350 baht for their one drink and then skip the off. Once that starts happening he will lose his boys and then his customers.

Their is a limit to Greed even for this Bar Owner!

On the other hand though both that and X boys were full the other night and plenty of boys being offed so it appears whilst we may not like it he's reading the market about right and IS getting away with it the best unfortunately :-(

Liked

xiluzer wrote:
    The off fee in Dreamboy right now is 650 bht..
    That's why I now spent most of my time in Pattaya. Last visit I didn't even go to Bkk - or I might have stayed there just a night or two. Bkk, as we now know, caters to a different gay clientele - the nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans who don't know the true price of things. Mind you, considering that those countries do not have a gogo bar scene (and certainly no fucking shows), perhaps they are getting value for money. I've got a couple of days in BKK at the end of my trip (for dental work), so I might just drop into a couple of bars and ask the Japanese guys how they feel about the prices.

I get the feeling that the gays bars of soi twilight no longer need us; they can make much more money from the Asians now. One thing's for sure - I certainly won't be paying a 700 baht off fee. Nor 350 baht for a drink if there is no show. And given the financial situation in the West, they may have made the right choice.

Luckily, we have other places in LOS to go to to have fun.

Liked

People pay these drink prices (last time I went the bar was full), and maybe people even offed boys.

At these prices, I can't see myself ever going to Dreamboys again.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    - the nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans who don't know the true price of things. Mind you, considering that those countries do not have a gogo bar scene (and certainly no fucking shows), perhaps they are getting value for money.
    Once again the people that own the bars have got together with the people who run the Chinese and Taiwan gay tours, and made a deal. They are cleaning up the gay dollar income and laughing all the way to the bank.

No one in Pattaya knows where to start, they are happy to wait on the English speaking tourist that carried them for the first 20 years, and hope in desperation it would come back.

Where do these tourists stay in Bangkok.Surely it would be easy for a local promoter to find the tour organizers , and try to include Pattaya for a second or side trip. My experience is the Asians come only once.

I am aware it would take months to get it rolling, but the sooner it gets started the better all round for Pattaya.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Late in November, I went to Dreamboys to see the show. The first time in a long time, at least a year and a half.

Well, the show was a sloppy version of the show I had seen last time.
    I recognised quite a few performers in the show, who have been doing this for a long time.
    This showed in the jaded attitudes of people 'going through the motions'.
    There were also some new faces.

I did not even consider an off, as I think expectations from boys here would be rather high.

All in all, my conclusion was that I never need to go back.

In light of the prices quoted by xiluzer, the suggestions that the owner is (1) greedy and (2) milking the uninformed Asian tourists
    seem reasonable to me.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

Or perhaps the тАЬnouveau riche Chinese and KoreansтАЭ and тАЬuninformed Asian touristsтАЭ perceive value differently than you and donтАЩt get their panties in a wad over a lousy $9.

That greedy owner has been running one of the most successful bars on the soi for some time now. And every time his prices go up someone here predicts the end of his world. And yet, he continues to pack his bar . . .
    [i]You say sex tourist like it's a bad thing . . .[/i]

[url="http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com"]http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com[/url]

Liked

I'm glad that they seem to be doing so well but I went to Dreamboys ONCE eight years ago, to see the show and didn't dare off anyone from there because I was given the impression (at the bar itself) that I really couldn't afford to do that. Never been back since.
    [color=#800080][i][b]I AM BUTTERFLY![/b][/i][/color]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Rush, Yet Again
    Or perhaps the тАЬnouveau riche Chinese and KoreansтАЭ and тАЬuninformed Asian touristsтАЭ perceive value differently than you and donтАЩt get their panties in a wad over a lousy $9.

That greedy owner has been running one of the most successful bars on the soi for some time now. And every time his prices go up someone here predicts the end of his world. And yet, he continues to pack his bar . . .
    Yes, maybe they do see value differently. Maybe on short trips, they are prepared to be spenders.

My panties are not in a wad.
    I went into the bar knowing the drink cost and the off cost, though I was out of date on the second.

My point was more to do with my disappointment in the show, and how it has not changed or developed over time.
    Plus the decline in energy and enthusiasm revealed.

It is also true that the "nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans" and "uninformed Asian tourists" won't know (or care) about this.

It is more a reflection of the owner, who even you describe as greedy.
    ..........and that's the way it is.