Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: blog about gay saunas in Hong Kong and gay life in general

Liked

Re: blog about gay saunas in Hong Kong and gay life in gener

"Triggers of Fear And Hostility"

on http://fuel-injected-male.blogspot.com/

Liked

Gentlemen....check out the latest instalment of Fag Future 2011 - 2020 Part 6.

The Return of the Barter Economy In The West

on http://fuel-injected-male.blogspot.com/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FuelMix
    1. The current sentiment in HKG is one of massive resentment and anger at what is seen as Mainland Chinese "infestation".

2. It's fascinating to watch the Mainland Chinese descend on supermarkets and literally strip the shelves bare.
    Sorry to say I really do find these points so simplistic as to be basically not true.

1. As a long time Hong Kong Permanent Resident (more than 30 years), I have noticed little resentment about the mainland "infestation". True, real estate prices have gone ballistic. But that was also the case in the early-1980s and the mid-1990s, long before the Chinese started visiting Hong Kong in droves. Hot money from China was coming into Hong Kong and Macau long before both were handed back to China. Apart from property, talk to anyone in the retail, hotel and tourism sectors (i.e. a substantial number of the Hong Kong population) and they are literally delirious that so many Chinese are visiting Hong Kong. The tourist numbers are way beyond anyone's expectations 10 years ago. Tourism receipts were one of the reasons the Hong kong government was able to give every Permanent Resident a cash rebate of US$770 in the budget last year! Did anyone complain about that? And sure, some mainland visitors are less polite than others. But then in the 1980s and 90s, western tourists often used to complain about the rudeness and lack of civility of the local Cantonese. So, not much has really changed, except that Putonghua (Mandarin) is now heard almost more often than the local Cantonese.

2. Sorry, Fuelmix, but this just isn't the case. Why would mainland tourists even consider stripping supermarket shelves bare when all major Chinese cities have their own, often larger, supermarkets, their Watsons and other personal stores, etc.? Most Chinese tourists head for the up-market boutiques where Hong Kong prices are still cheaper than those on the mainland. In the 1980s, Louis Vuitton stores had to have guards to avoid too many Japanese getting in to the store at any one time and to maintain orderly queues outside. Now in Louis Vuitton's Landmark store, it's the Chinese who have to wait in line!

One area where there is indeed resentment is mainland women coming to HKG and overstaying their visas to have their babies. But the government has already announced that this issue is being tackled.

On the other hand, one benefit of the loosening of visa regulations is that many more gays from the mainland now come to Hong Kong for long shopping and sex week-ends. I have met some gorgeous guys from Shanghai and elsewhere in the saunas!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    My own impression of HKG-Chinese-mainly based on fora lie this,told me they often suffer from small dick syndrome-maybe these are interrelated?
    What is this 'fantasy' some westerners have relating to Asians and I quote 'small dicks' [must be an American, as no one else uses this word as thus]. I have seen small appendages on many white males, from many different countries, and have seen some humungous ones on many Asians. Just recently at BAli aiport I was forced to use one of a row of urinals in company with a schoolboy group returning to Taiwan [Chinese nationals of course]. WOW my fingers were itching and my mouth was twitching, what a line of perfect specimens! And most being hung out without any inhibitions.