Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Fighting between Latintopxxx et al

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How to meet sex buddy

Wow! Had not read this thread in a while. You guys went a few rounds! Nice to see Newalaan getting involved. :happy7:

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    I love Thailand and love many things including the corruption. Makes things easy to fix!
    I've heard this type of comment from many different people and from multiple Asian countries before but I think it's a terrible attitude to have. Especially for someone who's grown up in the West and should have enough perspective to understand the implications of corruption.

Corruption = short term gain at the cost of long-term progress

It gives you little conveniences at the cost of big picture integrity and fairness.

The degree to which Thailand is held back and its people screwed over by corruption is immense, as Panda describes. So many of the fuck ups and failings you see around you, in everything from town planning to the airport problems and instances of injustice and people brazenly getting away with fraud, murder and manslaughter are directly caused or enabled by corruption.

I mean, you've seen these all the above things first hand yourself! How can you think it's a good thing?! I get that you live there and do business there, which makes it necessary to go with the flow and participate in corruption, but to have the attitude that it's a good thing is not good.

Liked

Re: Fighting between Latintopxxx et al

I fully agree with beachlover on corruption.

That's a fine and laudable sentiment Christian - as long as you realise that without corruption and various blind eyes being turned to the law, there would be no boys for hire and no go-go or host bars as we know them. A selfish view perhaps, but valid nonetheless.

As the saying goes - be careful what you wish for.

:occasion9:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You're failing think through than one step in this scenario.

Prostitution occurs in plenty of other countries around the world where corruption is minimal, including Australia and the UK.

Just because prostitution is illegal in the current situation, doesn't mean a zero corruption scenario would result in zero prostitution. In that scenario, it's possible prostitution would be legalised to allow it to continue legitimately. Or the industry would become less open (e.g. massage places masquerading as brothels).

Either way, I think prostitution would still continue to occur if corruption was eliminated. But it would be less prevalent.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Obviously t would be less prevelant! There would be NO go go bars, Boyztown, Jomtien Becah or Sunee plaza! It would all be street hustlers and prostyues walking the streets and you having to go somewhere abd try to find one, not get his/her ID ad reprocussions. This way it is basically confined to areas. Ding Bat!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not necessarily... if corruption didn't exist or was eliminated (hypothetical scenario), there's a good change prostitution would just be legalised. It's possible you would still do and have everything you do and have now, except it would be legitimate and properly regulated.

Look at other countries where corruption is much lower... prostitution is legal in Australia and there are plenty of brothels and such around.