Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to find boys who are not for money

How to find boys who are not for money

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I think it is brilliant what a great community you guys have here. I am going to Thailand at the beginning of April and will be there for about 5 months. I will be working there mostly but I will have a couple weeks here and there to travel and look around (which is great

I will be based primarily in Chiang Mai, but I am planning to spend some time in BKK, Phuket (maybe Pattaya) and go to other cities that are worth visiting.

Since I am from eastern Europe my financial background is not the same as the regular farang traveller to Thailand. And even though the money I'll be making there is above what I understand is the national standard is for someone with a uni degree, it is far from what a westerner would make in the same position. Given this, the fact that I will be there for quite a long time I do not wish to spend alone, and that I never really have had to pay for sex so far ( I am 30 years old, in good shape, maybe even handsome I was wondering if it is possible to find friends/hookups who would go off with you because they like you rather than because of what you have in your wallet.

I am already registered on Gayromeo, and I get quite a few messages every day and thank god not from moneyboys, but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money (maybe I am jumping to conclusions here) but I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to be out on the prowl every now and then and find cute Thai boys or cute farang for that matter as internet romance can be too much of a hassle in my experience.

So the bottomline is (sorry for the rambling intro) are there bars in the above mentioned cities where a bloke like me stands a better chance of scoring someone without paying (maybe not just for one night or maybe not even for sex just to hang out with)? Also, since I am a bit of a novice in this area I would really appreciate some tips of how to tell moneyboys from the ones who are not, I am not sure asking is a good way, as I have read boys get offended if we are presumptious and wrong...

Thanks everyone in advance

Z

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How to find boys who are not for money

hello, dobri den or whatever you use and have that nice stay in LOS.(=land of smiles). Good luck to you to; did you realise you land in a few days after arrival in that most Thai of festivities-even more so in Chmai: the songkran waterthrowing Thai new year? Thousands of people just come to Chmai only for that.
    As to your Q; it is not much different in Th as from most of Europe: you meet by chance-the old fashioned way. BARS as are discussed here are the special gay bars that have been set up-that is Thai style- for rental boys. Many (some say even most of them) are more str8 as gay, or so they say.
    The very same Q as you gets posted every now and then-the best forum for that is, I think, on thaivisa.com-just scroll down and find it under ''community''. IJWT is the main moderator and also lives/works in Chmai.
    Even if GR cannot maybe directly provide-do use it for initial contacts- you surely find someone who is willing to show you the CMai gay life-venues and maybe even explain to culture-baffled perons the way it works. Most of them may in fact appear quite strange to western eyes.
    For an intro to ChMai gay life; gayinchiangmai.com, lists both the commercial and other venues.
    Forget Phuket for what you want/aim. But the very best is of course the big mango BKK.

Thanks a lot My country is actually probably the only one in the region where ppl don't speak a slavic language, but I used to learns some Czech and Polish so dobri den is fine )

I know about the water festival, it is actually a bit of a bummer that my contract only starts arund the 20th April in CM and I wasnt gonna go up there long before that because I wanted to use my two weeks before that to travel around and recharge my batteries before the work starts. Thats why I was looking at Phuket, if I cant find decent boys there no biggie, I can make do with tourists

Thank you for the tip about Thaivisa.com, checking it out right now

Z

Liked

So i guess it can be Romania or Hungaria - the only countries i know without slavic language.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

well done well done

might i just suggest you do as you would anywhere else .. buy a guy a beer .. if he gets you one back and you end up in a round id imagine you have found a non money boy ... if you have to keep buying the beers you got yourself a money boy . then stop after 2 beers and look for somebody else

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Good advise, in Samui a few years ago I enjoyed the company of two guys.
    In my normal manner I drank Bacardi by the bottle.

On the third night of my trip I found myself a little short, ATM lines were down so no money.
    The boys said no problem and they bought a bottle !!!

Trust your feelings and test the water a little.

Liked

Thanks but not difficult for me. I am from Berlin and speak czech myself because had boyfriend for 8 years from prague and travel a lot in Europe also not only in asia.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Not so much a drinker myself, but I will give it a try sure thing )

also, any idea where I could find gay farang around my age 30-45 in CM? There aren't many on GR.

I found the Chiang Mai Gay Friends Website - but it looks a bit quiet over there? any info on this?

Thanks so much guys, you have been great so far

Z

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by puffin1981
    but reading some of the forums I got the impression that boys in bars seem to be predominantly about money (maybe I am jumping to conclusions here)
    Absolutely correct, the boys in the bars (gogo and host) work there, so they will want money.