Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Flooding/Rioting in Bangkok

Liked: 1

Re: Flooding/Rioting in Bangkok

I do feel sorry for those people to the North of Bangkok whose areas are still flooded but since this is the Gay Thailand board I would just like to point out that all the main gay areas in Bangkok are dry and have never been flooded. There were a few tense days a week or so ago but the danger to the central business district is now a memory.

Tourists are coming in to the Silom and Sukhumvit areas in big numbers and it's getting difficult to book rooms in some of the cheaper hotels. The bars and discos of Silom and Suriwong were very busy last weekend and Babylon is getting a good crowd most evenings.

Liked

Poor Yingluk she is getting it on all sides at the moment --

- JUST what do you suggest she does with the Volume of dirty water in and above Bkk - store it (where possibly ?? ) and send it for treatment (what size plant could possibly take that !! volume )

I saw first hand the Chao P flowing at an enormous speed 2 weeks or so ago -- there is not much of anything anybody could do with that huge volume except let nature takes it course

I think also given the vast volume that the amount of pollutants would be reasonably well diluted before entering the sea,where it would be further diluted -

And as for Intl law--as this is "an act of God" type of occourence ,i dont see that it would come under the breaking of any laws

Thats one of the daftest suggestions yet on the flood topic -- treating the water !!

Depending on the degree of pollution of the water I do not think it wise to just dump it into Bangkok's "drainage" or or let it loose to find its own way along Vipawadeeroad towards highly populated areas.. No oneis sure where this all goes, where it could infiltrate the drinking water, ... . I know of places near me where the klongs are known to be blocked. It gets there it backs up. Given it is so highly polluted the water needs to be pumped into carefully guided paths to the river, not just let loose on downtown Bangkok.

Are you sure Ms Yingluck hasn't been giving it to all sides, since she 'took control'? Take control is take responsible action, insure you have a good team.

As to the draining of water from the Don Maung Airport I'm happy with this bit of later news, and hope the water don't wash away somewhere before the A/F gets to it ...

Thailand Live Friday 25 Nov 2011 LATEST FLOOD UPDATES, News, Bits and Tweets

Posted Today, 17:41
    Air Force to drain floodwater in Don Mueang Airport in 14 days

The Air Force will use 14 water pumps to drain floodwater from the Don Mueang Airport and complete the task in two weeks, Defense Minister Spokesman Col Thanatip Sawangsaeng said Friday.

Thanatip said the draining of floodwater from the airport was under the responsibility of Airports of Thailand Plc and the Air Force would provide personnel and water pumps to help in the mission.

The water would be drained into Prem Prachakorn Canal and to the road.

-- The Nation 2011-11-25

materials

hi to all this is my first post and thought i would say a big hello to yous -
    thank yous speak soon
    garry m