Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinnacle in Bkk

Liked

Re: Pinnacle in Bkk

Wowpow use to sing the praises of the Pinnacle Lumpini, especially when booked through 'Jimmy', as one of the best value hotels in BKK.
    I only stayed there the once, and found it wise when entering the room to take the precaution of reaching in from the hallway to turn on the lights first, waiting 10 seconds, and then going in. That gave the cockroaches time to scurry away out of sight so I didn't have to see them. But I never the less checked under my pillow to shift the blighters off the bed before sleeping.

Just across the road from the Pinnacle is Vincents & the Seven Rooms. I tend to stay there when in Bangkok. Good value, charming host, good restaurant, independant access to the rooms, and not a bad location.
    Dick

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by njjim
    If your are on a really tight budget - the Pinnacle is probably a decent choice. (check out Agoda - you can frequently get a deluxe room for $35 +tax). Rarely spot another gay person there - more likely to see young Russian or Asian tourists.
    You obviously never visit the swimming pool, sauna and steam room floor on the roof? Normally about 80% gay, and if you are lucky like I was early August, and one of those young straight Russians venture into the sauna alone then fill them with bullshit memories of a time previous when a girl came into the sauna [it is mixed but normally 99.99% male only] and did naughty things, watch their towel rise with a lump inside it, and then help them relieve the pressure.

What do you want for $30+ per day, it also has a big clean room, very comfortable big bed, multi channel TV, refrigerator, clean working bathroom with good shower, FREE buffet breakfast, FREE in room wi-fi [even if slow sometimes], no hassles with visiting friends, so what if some of the underpaid staff are grumpy [then go elsewhere where they get big salaries and you pay $100 p.n. for much the same but with a bit more gloss]...just avoid them.

As for location, a 5 minute walk to the MRT, and a 50Baht taxi home with a spunky Isan gropable driver late at night. If you don't like all that then why do you go to Bangkok?

Liked

i would say the pinnacle is a good stay, but the morning breakfast buffet used to be very good, now its just ok, as its been scaled down alot!

is jimmy still operating in here im not sure? well for those that dont know booking through him is much cheaper then the front desk, all you need is his email
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thenorthguy
    I think your right Beachlover...the Club Lounge is excellent. The pool is always good up until about 1 pm when the sun comes over the pool....overall hard to beat.
    What I would love is if the Sofitel were positioned where the Dusit Thani is. Then you'd get the nicer rooms and club lounge (both superior to what the Dusit offers) in a more central location (Sofitel feels slightly isolated) and with those stunning views overlooking Lumpini Park... Having the pool on a high floor overlooking the skyline (instead of hidden away) would be a nice touch too.

Quote Originally Posted by thenorthguy
    just on good places is the Sirroco good, featured in Hangover 2, thinking ofbooking for Dinner.....
    Haven't eaten there (it's on my list) but been up there for drinks often and it's a superb bar.

The round bar (with the glass bit jutting out over the edge) doesn't open until 6pm, but if you're with someone, it's worth getting there earlier as there's another "sky bar" next to it opens at 4pm. It's a nice outdoor lounge bar these nice loungers where you can lie back and chill outdoors. Once the main bar opens at 6pm, they move everyone from that little area to the round bar thing.

View from the little outdoor lounge bar many people miss...

Liked

Just keep in mind that if you are staying in BKK for a month or more, you can get serviced apartments in the Silom area for much cheaper than staying at a hotel.

Liked: 1

Thanks guys..I did get a room at Pinnacle for 933 a day with breakdast Thanks for the input. But what about those monthy apts that was mentioned. Is there a link?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncat
    Just keep in mind that if you are staying in BKK for a month or more, you can get serviced apartments in the Silom area for much cheaper than staying at a hotel.
    True... in fact, you can get some attractive rates on good serviced apartments for as little as a week's stay.

Liked

If your schedule allows you a longer stay you might try the Tarntawan Apartments. You can also have your breakfast at the Tarntawan Place Hotel if you so desire. http://tarntawanapartments.com/