Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Travelling with babies

Liked

Re: Travelling with babies

Thanks for your favourable comment and for your advice Combat, which was much appreciated. Although I am a new poster I have been reading the forum for some years. I did decide to start posting comments with a certain degree of trepidation. Posting here is almost akin to swimming in shark infested waters with Great Whites and Bull sharks within easy striking distance тАУ ha, ha, ha!

Thanks also Cedric for your kind comments. I have a strong feeling that my father knew but did not want to discuss it, so I played along with that.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

XXXXX
    C

beachlover here is a common case scenario how things go wrong, so its best to ask the Australians what it means by "legal surrogacy in Australia" because you may still never be able to bring her/him home. This I know for a fact applies to the Netherlands Belgium UK and most other European countries. Some make exceptions after a DNA test proving the parentage, but even that must be arranged at your countries consulate before you leave with baby from lets say India, it must have a passport from you consulate before coming home.

http://www.queerty.com/peter-laurents-s ... -20110201/

This is all very shocking stuff, but this is what gays are up against on this issue. I often feel that Elton (the prick) is an arse hole because he just buys anything he wants (even if he cant exacty afford it) but nary a word of support for other gays struggling to do the same. :laughing3:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    You havent got a hope in hell. It would take min three years in India and you would still have to adopt your own child and still not get around the Australians! Its better if you emigrated to India for three years assuming you have Australian citizenship. Not entirely unpleasant I may add. Australians even turn back parents who have legally adopted in Europe???.
    I think misread one of my posts. I know it's cheap in India. But there's no way I'm doing it in India. I'm Asian/oriental. Why would I want to have a baby with a Mother of Indian heritage?

beachlover here is a common case scenario how things go wrong, so its best to ask the Australians what it means by "legal surrogacy in Australia" because you may still never be able to bring her/him home. This I know for a fact applies to the Netherlands Belgium UK and most other European countries. Some make exceptions after a DNA test proving the parentage, but even that must be arranged at your countries consulate before you leave with baby from lets say India, it must have a passport from you consulate before coming home.
    http://www.queerty.com/peter-laurents-s ... -20110201/
    Ah, geez... that's a sad story. Got to feel sorry for the Dads. Maybe going public with it is the best way to put pressure on d*ckhead bureaucrats to cut the crap.

I'm a big believer in planning ahead and doing your due diligence with this sort of thing so I'll probably have a lawyer map out a path and contingencies first. Conceptually, I think I'd be most comfortable with having an Asian-Australian surrogate Mum or having a surrogate of Asian origin/residence come here to have the baby in Australia.

I often feel that Elton (the prick) is an arse hole because he just buys anything he wants...
    That's kind of my plan if all else fails...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    I never discussed being gay with my father and he died not really knowing anything of my true nature and he never met any of my gay friends. Sometimes I feel quite sad that such a large part of my life was hidden from him. It was my mother who insisted I never raise the subject and I respected her wishes. I told my sister, but never discussed the subject with any of my wider family.
    Ah, it sounds like your family sort of would rather not know or rather not discuss it directly. Are you Asian by any chance? That's so common in Asian families! Communication can be quite vague.

My family can be like that sometimes but I think I'll just come out and tell them and explain the reality/dynamics/intentions involved at some point. My parents will probably feel uncomfortable with it but the fact that I still want to seek out a long-term partner and have a family etc. will probably help them get over it quickly. I might have to explain a thing or two about stereotypes too...

Quote Originally Posted by combat
    there are a few nasty posters in here who think that being in the closet is hilarious, and should be ridiculed.
    They think anything positive and out of alignment with their own bitter, grumpy perspective of life should be ridiculed... I call it "grumpy man syndrome".

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean
    Thanks for your favourable comment and for your advice Combat, which was much appreciated. Although I am a new poster I have been reading the forum for some years. I did decide to start posting comments with a certain degree of trepidation. Posting here is almost akin to swimming in shark infested waters with Great Whites and Bull sharks within easy striking distance тАУ ha, ha, ha!
    There are as many nut cases as there are good, positive, intelligent posters here. Just ignore the nuts... or engage them if you're up to it.

Can't believe this discussion is still going - the ludicrous original post coming from someone who is clearly mentally unhinged.

Some years ago I trained in Hove, England for some weeks. Every day I observed a middle-aged guy who used to go shopping in the High Street in full drag and pushing a pram with a doll in it. I am wondering if it was "Cedric"

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah, look, I'm not saying I buy the OP as being geniune but it's an interesting discussion he's started none the less!

(Edited for typo)

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Yeah, look, I'm saying I buy the OP but it's an interesting discussion he's started none the less!

I am sure the OP can sleep now knowing he has your approval!