WHY YOU ASK THAT? :idea:
    WINK :bounce: WINK :bounce: WINK :bounce:

IM JUST CURIOUS BECAUSE THAT IS OFF THE TOPIC? :idea:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: alternative to thailand

Quote Originally Posted by PaulCambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    One day, Phnom Penh will have its own GOD and DJ Station! 7 nights a week!
    There is already one "gay exclusive" hotel in Cambodia: MEN's Resort & Spa.

located in Siem Reap Angkor, MEN's is a great "exclusively for men" hotel.

at MEN's you can also meet some local guys and other tourists who are joining the Sauna/Spa in the evening.

You should have a look to the website: www.mens-resort.com, it is absolutly the place to go for gay travellers.

That's a hotel and spa... not a club.

Isn't this bordering on forum SPAM? It's lovely that you're participating in the forum but you've now posted the same copy/paste message with a list of gay friendly hotels and a banner promoting "Mens" resort in god knows how many topics, no matter how remotely relevant.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Cambodia visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaan
    Excellent thread. Good timing for me, as on my next visit to Thailand at start of next month we(Thai guy and I)are considering a visit to Cambodia. Have checked out some gay forums and travel forums, and my first idea simply to drive to the Cambodian border (as I drive around Thailand quite comfortably), and then overland to Siem Reap by taxi/bus I have re-thought, as I cant really be arsed with all the cross-border hassle, time wasting, rip-offs etc...that comes up in ALL the reviews/postings about overland travel to Siam Reap from all the Thailand cross border places.

So by air? Checked out Bangkok Air direct to Siem Reap, very very expensive for 45 min flight(in my opinion), so have decided to fly Bkk to Phnom Phen with a couple of nights there and then taxi to Siem Reap, by all accounts it should be about $40-$50 one way, and the 4-5 hours drive will let us see the country/countryside into the bargain, as well as stopping where we fancy. 2-3 nights Siem Reap, taxi back to PP and fly back to Bkk.

The cost of return flights with AirAsia to PP plus return costs of taxi PP to Siem Reap is still cheaper than direct with Bkk Air for the two of us and including being able to enjoy the landscape whilst driving to Siem Reap. Well thats the plan.

Any comments on the plan? suggestions/ideas to improve/change the itinery. We are planning to stay at a gay guesthouse/hotel Phnom Phen and Banana? Resort in Siem Reap. About five nights short break, but time isn't really any great problem for us.
    Don't bother driving to Cambodia... just fly.

You can fly direct between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh a well but looks like it's relatively costly USD$100 for a 40-50 min flight. Other options are to boat (4 to 8 hours) or bus.

AirAsia does PP to BKK route at competitive rates (don't know why people are still moaning about Bangkok Air being expensive). You may wish to fly to Siem Reap as well, via Singapore or KL. It mystifies me why there are no direct Siem Reap flights from Bangkok.

Liked: 1

Re: Cambodia visit.

It mystifies me why there are no direct Siem Reap flights from Bangkok.
    there are 4 or 5 direct flights every day from Bangkok to Siem Reap. But as said before it is overpriced. So going by the road is a cheaper option.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ah yes, I see. It's something like 10,000+ baht return. Insane.

I've flown BKK airways. They say they are a "boutique airline" but there's nothing very special about them. They are ok. Spacious seats and ok food though.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oops He Did It Again
    Because Bangkok Air has been given exclusivity on the BKK to Siem Reap route in exchange for their heavy investment in the airport infrastructure there.
    I wonder if the authorities decided that out of the biggest regional inbound cities, Bangkok had the least to offer (in terms of tourist numbers/wealth) over KL and Singapore, hence being happy to sacrifice this route... giving it to one provider, keeping prices high and having less travelers than normal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PaulCambo
    There is already one "gay exclusive" hotel in Cambodia: MEN's Resort & Spa.

located in Siem Reap Angkor, MEN's is a great "exclusively for men" hotel.

at MEN's you can also meet some local guys and other tourists who are joining the Sauna/Spa in the evening.

You should have a look to the website: www.mens-resort.com, it is absolutly the place to go for gay travellers.
    Isn't this bordering on forum SPAM? It's lovely that you're participating in the forum but you've now posted the same copy/paste message with a list of gay friendly hotels and a banner promoting "Mens" resort in god knows how many topics, no matter how remotely relevant.
    I reported the posts as spam, but guess the mods disagree, as the posts are all still here...
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oops He Did It Again
    Please give the mods a break. They are very busy banning members that dare to insult them or their protected friends.

Hope Jinks is just having a rest before continuing his good job.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves