Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy
I will stand by my humble opinion that Kris Allen is fantastically good looking - because that is what it is... just my opinion. And that the winner of american idol is about gushing good looks... Again IMHO....
Well, Pissyboy, if I am impressed by nothing else of yours I am impressed by the breadth of your taste - after all, there are few people who could honestly say that Kris Allen, Clay Aiken (although he came 2nd) and Ruben Studdard all had "gushing good looks"!!

On the second point... I have read the original research that is cited in the wiki article. The article is a good overview of heterosexism...I have copies of the the research .....
I have not, as I have no interest in the subject; I am quite satisfied with Wiki's own view of their own article, that it "Provides very little meaningful content". There would, in any case, be no need for you to send me the research, as links to it are provided by Wikipedia, as usual. I did actually find the "Daily effects of straight privilege" (http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~hyrax/person ... vilege.htm ) quite amusing, if only because although I am sure they apply to many (possibly even most) gays none have ever applied to me. I would have liked to take the test by the Heterosexism Enquirer - "helping to fight against heterosexist attitudes" - (http://www.mun.ca/the/themain.html )to see if my attitudes were heterosexist, as you imply they might be, but unfortunately the test was discriminatory and was only "for heterosexuals...& for those who may have internalized homophobic stereotypes"; I still took it, however, and as I scored 6/372 on the test I " must be an individual who thrives on diversity, inclusiveness, & acceptance. You actively go out of your way to ensure that you respect & acknowledge everyone no matter what their sexual identity... and, you may be a social activist." (Flattering, but way off the mark!). I would have scored 0, but I lost 6 points to question 13:

"Considering the menace of overpopulation, how could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual?

a. Good question! It would be quite frightening if everyone on the planet reproduced. (0)
b. At least the continuation of the species is guaranteed with heterosexuality! (6)"

Sesquipedalian terms are only impressive when properly used: there is no such thing as a "sustentative evaluation" (an evaluation cannot be "sustentative", which explains why such a pairing has never been used in any article published on the net, for example) - possibly you misheard something when you were cleaning out the toilets and you mean an objective evaluation.

GF you state the following ..... "whatever one's sexual preference, heterosexuality is not only "seen as the sexual norm or standard", statistically or by any other measure it is the sexual norm."
Indeed I did - but you have ignored what I said and introduced "Heterosexism, Heteronormativity, Heterocentrism - etc.. whatever you want to call it" instead!!!

Becoming "visible and accepted" has nothing to do with changing "the sexual norm" - little research (or intelligence, so even you may manage it) is required to realise that at present "by far the greatest amount of sociosexual behaviour is heterosexual behaviour" (Encyclopedia Britannica) and that whatever the influence "gays and lesbians" may have on the rest of the world it is rather unlikely that the majority of the population will ever be anything but heterosexual, so making it "the norm". This has nothing to do with homophobia, superiority or inferiority - becase something or someone does not match "the norm" does not necessarily make them inferior - you are, as I suspected "confused".

I have given some definitions of "the norm" and "heterosexuality" below - you may find it useful as most "college professors" who conduct " research in the area of gays and lesbians in the workplace" might be expected to know this and your lack of knowledge may catch you out.

There are only a few parts of your posts I agree with (namely, to use your own descriptions of yourself, that you are "happier living through denial and delusion тАж a self-important fat head" and "full of shit"), so this not one of them.

Norm:

1. a standard or model or pattern regarded as typical; "the current middle-class norm of two children per family"
(hypernym) standard, criterion, measure, touchstone
2. a statistic describing the location of a distribution; "it set the norm for American homes"
(synonym) average
(hypernym) statistic
(hyponym) age norm
(classification) statistics (WordNet 2.0)

an established standard or average: as a : a set standard of development orachievement usually derived from the average or median achievement of a large group b : a pattern or trait taken to be typical in the behavior of a social group (Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary)

: average : as a: a set standard of development or achievement usually derived from the average or median achievement of a large group b: a pattern or trait taken to be typical in the behavior of a social group c: a widespread or usual practice, procedure, or custom <standing ovations became the norm>(Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

A standard pattern of behaviour that is considered normal in society (Encarta Dictionary)

A person who spends leisure time passively or idly ... from the name of a cartoon character created in 1975 by Alex Stitt (Australian slang, Oxford Dictionary)

Heterosexuality:

of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward the opposite sex b: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between individuals of opposite sex ((Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

Encarta: sexual desire or sexual relations between people of opposite sexes (Encarta)

Heterosexuality refers to sexual behavior and attraction to people of the opposite sex, or to a heterosexual orientation. As a sexual orientation, heterosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, physical or romantic attractions primarily to "persons of the opposite sex" (Wikipedia)
Go Fuckyourself -
Another post that is true to form. It has self-important references but not much substance.
I am very candid about my limited taste in pop culture. I have no taste nor is my opinion worth much on the subject.

As I have mentioned, I am a college professor who does research in this area (gays and lesbians in the workplace). I would be happy to swap CVs.
I have no idea what your background is but IMHO you seem to believe you are an expert in lots of areas...However, I suspect that you are basically full of shit.

You mentioned you "have no interest in the subject" - which I assume you mean you have no interest in the subject of heterosexism. Again notice I quoted you without adding or subtracting words to suit my tastes. A practice you should follow. When you change other people's words then quote them it is really very very dishonest. Use me as your role model.

I will again say that having read not only the research cited but other research in the area, wiki provides a good starting point and overview of heterosexism and though you are not interested, it is my area of expertise. The links provided by wiki are incomplete. If you change your mind I can send you some good articles that will help you broaden your horizons beyond just Google searches. Trying to establish your expertise in an area based on Google searches is really the lamest form of research.

If I understand your ranting above, you are saying that homosexuality is not and cannot become a sexual norm.

One interesting finding of LGBT research is that contact with LGBTs by heteros lessens their heterocentrism and encourages them to be more tolerant toward sexual minorities. Sexual norms are not just the most prevalent sexual behaviors but they include what are considered acceptable sexual behaviors.

Sorry GF but you again are full of shit and out of you area of expertise.
As gays and lesbians come out of the closet and interact with heterosexuals the heteros become more comfortable with the homos and their perceptions of what are acceptable behaviors change and homosexuality becomes an acceptable norm.

Wrong again Go Fuckyourself.

I detect an element of internal homophobia in your posting. Are you sure you are not a self-hater?
IMHO - Excessive self-importance can actually hide deep self-hate and a longing for approval. But hey that is just my opinion and whether or not you have internal homophobia (quoting y ou) I"have no interest in the subject".