Since starting to live long-term in Thailand in 2007 I've been purchasing return tickets only.
My folks are of a quite advanced age and I need to be back in Canada at least once a year ... usually for varying lengths of time. As they are pretty stable right now I am quite happy with going back for 3 or 4 month stints, but in fact that could change at any time ... sometimes fewer months than that, but if necessary, more: life is "play by ear" in this regard.

But the return fares lack flexibility. The return dates can easily be changed, but there's a reasonably hefty fee to do that every time.
I was wondering whether buying a one-way far to Thailand is even possible? If so, then I can have a very flexible option to buy the return fare which suits me the best.
I have heard that airlines will not even let you board if you do not have a return fare. But I've not heard anything definitive about this.

I hold a Non Imm 12-month 'O' visa which gives me multiple entries, so that part is not really an issue. It's the home country/home airline policy on one-way fares which I'm not certain of.

Any first hand knowledge out there? Obviously I can use other methods for receiving info on this (yeah yeah " ... google it ya dumb fuck ... "), but I am thinking that other folks on this board may be interested in some first hand experience regarding this.

Cheers ...