I'm fearful that world wide public opinion about touring/vacationing in Thailand is set in concrete for a long while. Thailand can do all of the traditional dances at the airport it wants and apologize until it is blue in the face, but the world has seen and will remember the ugly side. Once a country's police and Army refuse to carry out the legitimate orders of the legal government, and that government can't control its public areas the defining points of a failed state have pretty much been achieved. News papers and TV news around the world has laid Thailand out as an out of control dangerous place to visit. It will take years for the family, senior citizen, and student backpacking tourist to return.

The return of the Thailand virgin, in the ways of Thailand single male tourist, will take some extended period of time to return to its once large numbers. The number of new tourist roaming Soi 6, Walking Street, Boyz Town, Sunee Plaza, Soi Twilight or Nana Plaza has been down in recent months. I fear that all but the hottest of the young people who work in these places will shortly be back in a rice patty in Issan.

The gentlemen on this board will see that there are far more boys than farangs. Capitalism being what it is the boys will ask...and then take half or less after a drink and a little smiling during hard nosed..or hard dick...negotiations. When I was there in September the boys were constantly complaining about the lack of customers, and making some interesting and creative offers on their own without even being ask.. I can only imagine how hungry the poor guys are now. Mom and Dad back on the farm don't want excuses they want their son's or daughter's monthly donation.