Quote Originally Posted by 555
Despite your aggressive and insulting bluff and bluster, I will attempt to explain this in very simple terms so that even you might have a slim chance of catching my point.

You cite a publication titled "Real Thai". The item you refer to is Hainan Chicken. Hainan is an island off the southern coast of China from which many Chinese emigrated to South East Asia. It follows logically that the author, through using the words "Real Thai", is deluded as to the position of this island or who the Thai are or that her ontology is "exotic".

If by your charge of "ignorant" you mean that I am not well-read in recipe books, I plead guilty, but I do have a passion for authentic traditional cuisines which has perhaps made me cynical of the writers of recipes.

I've looked up your "Nancie" with Google and am convinced I was eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before she was born.

Have a nice day.
So, if I go out to eat "Vietnamese Pho" in California, it follows that (1) I think Vietnam is in California (or Thailand, or wherever), and/or (2) the Vietnamese cooks made up this recipe all by themselves.

And, if you were eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before Nancie was born, SO WHAT?

The POINT is that dish has now been adopted by the Thai, to the point where someone with a brain would include it in a book about "real Thai" cooking, and also note that the dish came from the very same freeping spot you are talking about.

You have dealt yourself a losing hand, and I suggest you fold it.

But then again, you could keep up the struggle, and amuse everyone. "I REALLY MEANT....THAT BANGKOK WAS IN CHINA...." so on and so forth, might be quite amusing.

555 to you, clown.