Hi, All :wave:

I've been away from this board for some time now and had to re-register since I can't get my old ID/password to work here... I think my old ID was "danny" and an OLDER one may have been "danny34"??? Oh, how the years pass!

I will finally be returning to Thailand in June for a 30-90 day stay.

Does anyone know of a gay-friendly hotel or serviced apartment in Bangkok that provides hi-speed Internet connection in their rooms? I would ideally like to keep the monthly rate no more than 30,000 baht. Cheaper would be better!

So far I have found the Cape House on Langsuan (30,000 baht/mo.), the Sunrise Residence on Saladaeng (20-24,000 baht/mo.), and the Surawong Suite north of Silom (27,000 baht/mo.).

Does anyone know how gay-friendly (and guest-friendly) these places are?

Also - Since the Surawong Suite is kinda far from things, I would have to rely on taxis. How is the taxi situation in Bangkok these days? Since I have numerous unpleasant experiences with taxi drivers the last few times I visited BKK, I always prefer to use the Skytrain. It seems that taxi drivers often refuse to take me where I want to go (too far or too much traffic there) or they throw out these ridiculous fares. And this was long before gas prices skyrocketed... I don't mind paying more than the meter amount (or double it), but really felt they were getting a bit aggressive!

Sorry to ask so many questions ... thanks.