For those who have been to Laos, or are considering going.

One of the latest movies released in Thailand is "Sabaidee Luang Prabang" or in its English verion "Good Morning Luang Prabang". It's an absolutely charming movie boyfriend and I caught in Pattaya. It's essentially a travelogue of Laos with a romance story as the main plot. Its filmed in Pakse, Savannekhet, the Khone Falls, Vientianne and Luang Prabang and I think its the first major movie filmed in Laos.
Apart from the magnificent scenery it captures the quiet gentleness of the Lao culture. Almost a Lao version of the Gary Cooper movie "Friendly Persuasion". There were quite a few scenes that had me in almost "happy tears" with the memories and beuaty of what I remember seeing in that country.

OK, I wasn't "almost" in "happy tears"....

And boyfriend who looks down his "bumpkin" nose at those "hillbilly Lao people" was so impressed he asked if we could visit Laos on my next trip! It's been 4 years and I think I'm due for a refresh.

And if that's not enough to interest the Sawatdee crowd, the lead actor is the hunka-hunka half Lao/Australian actor Ananda Everingham.

Unfortunately it's only playing right now in Thailand. Maybe it will get to Netflix if enough people request it.

links:
Official movie site (in Thai)

Movie with trailer