I am a new poster but not new to reading these forums.

I will be visiting Bangkok at the end of May and staying for two weeks. I am traveling with a friend and we are looking for someone who can act as a knowledgeable guide to Bangkok.

We are not looking for information of the gay bars or clubs, I am sure we can locate those on our own if we want them, but we are looking for a male or female who knows Bangkok away from the usual tourist routes. We have visited Bangkok a number of times and visited the main tourist attractions but this time we want to see the 'real' Bangkok and would therefore like to employ the services of someone who knows the city and its environs very well.

If anyone has any recommendations and contact details of a suitable person I would be interested to hear them, also of course any suggestions from anyone living in Bangkok who can offer a few suggestions as to 'must see' areas of the city that are away from the tourist traps. We will be staying at the Oriental Hotel during our stay so any special river events or trips not to be missed would also be welcome.