I hate to gloat but I told you so тАШcomes to mindтАЩ, I can tell you all those who donтАЩt all ready know, Something I have been saying all the way along that VT7 in front of the Twin Towers Jomtien Complex Condotel apartments on Jomtien beach, has been now given the Green light to build more the 24 floors, its full size, so blocking out their sea views or any view, the Court action from STOPVL7 Action group has failed and I can also tell you from 2 conversations, I have had at various official functions, The real MR Big, View Talay Him self {I wont mention his name,} told me personally, did I really think he was going to loose, with so much at stake, he will do what ever he has to do, to make it happen, as he always does in Pattaya, If you knew who IтАЩm talking about your know he runs Pattaya like his own private town.

This is what all the fuss is about:- Now it is going to happen I only hope Mr. View Talay is kind enough to let all the members of StopVT7 action group keep there Apartments in the twin towers, when he sues them for his losses, said to be more then 4 million Baht each, since they were forced to lay down their Tools because of the Action.

DonтАЩt get me wrong of course it is a travesty, and a Night Mare just waiting to happen....to build in front of some ones apartment block to cut out the light and all views, and it happens all over the world, but the amazing thing is, The Jomtien Complex use to own the land, then sold it how stupid is that.

Condo owners sue for sea view
PATTAYA: -- A group of Jomtien apartment owners has asked the Administrative Court in Rayong to halt the construction of a new residential building that will block their sea views.
Ten foreign Jomtien Complex Condotel apartment owners are fighting to preserve their uninterrupted beach views following Pattaya City Council building permission for a new apartment building directly in front of them.

The complaint asserts Pattaya City wrongly granted construction permission to View Talay Jomtien Condominium.

It adds the permission did not meet 1978 planning regulations and alleges it will deprive them of their present unobstructed views of Jomtien Beach.
Jomtien Complex Condotel resident of two years Richard Haines, 62, retired, is one of the plaintiffs. The United States expatriate claims the development of View Talay 7 is in breach of planning law.

The building is on the beachfront and will obstruct views, he argued. "I purchased my condo in October 2005 when I decided to make Thailand my retirement home.
"But the new View Talay 7 building will block me from ever seeing another sunset from my condo," he said.

Haines alleged View Talay 7 was illegal because it was 14 metres in height and within 200 metres of the sea. Buildings of this height are prohibited within 200 metres of the shore by planning law, he said.

Pattaya Mayor Niran Wattana-sartsathorn said the city correctly issued building permission.
"I'm not worried that some foreigners are suing the city in the Administrative Court because we are just an agent to mediate this problem.

"If the foreigners succeed it will be a precedent for others and maybe developers will think before getting into problems like this," Niran added.
The court will hold a preliminary hearing tomorrow.

--The nation 2007-03-27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------