Being a social chap, I meet a great number of new farangs and have found several are deaf or hard of hearing.
It may be pride or something I don't get, but why don't these guys let you know they can't hear you.
They come across as rude as they don't respond to what you say and just run at the mouth with unrelated stuff
which makes no logical sense in the conversation.

Well, it happened again last nite in Sunee and a nice man started a conversation and told me the story of his
life, which I tried to steer off of, as it was beyond boring but he just kept going.
He didn't answer my questions but just ran at the mouth and I couldn't wait to flee.
I heard later he was hard of hearing but too proud or something to tell people.

Another guy is just too cheap to buy a new hearing aid and I have learned to just get up and leave, when he starts
talking. Sometimes, he seems to hear and and sometimes not but I only learned of his hearing problems from another
farang.
As we age, many of us have severe hearing and vision difficulties and it would really help if those difficulties were
revealed when people meet and save some misunderstanding and appearances of rudeness.
Are you deaf? :cat: