Wanted to mention the possibility of using a trip to Thailand as a way to detoxify (from American consumer culture in my case) and lose weight. Lost about 15 pounds in a bit under a month during my trip to the Kingdom. Very happy about that. I feel much better, much lighter. I walked alot, just about every day, generally avoiding motorbike/baht bus travel, with the exceptions of trips to Jomtien, Buddha hill, etc. Noticed several people walking/running in the Buddha hill area for exercise. Did not try that but its a great idea. Avoided farang food almost entirely, with the exception of a few breakfasts at Monty's. I attribute the weight loss to a combination of daily walking, along with eating local food (mostly from street carts). My next trip to the Kingdom will hopefully be on a tourist or ED visa rather than just a 30-day stamp, and one of my goals for that trip is do a more extensive health program (muay tai, weights, running, diet). Just wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to lose weight, almost effortlessly, if you are willing to make a few lifestyle changes.

Dboy