Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
Maybe you'd like to share the evidence you have that serving alcohol in Pattaya right now WON'T contribute to the spread of the virus.
Oh come on, Dodger. Do you really think you're going to get away with trying that method of turning the tables on me? Perhaps you would also like me to share evidence that serving food in Pattaya right now also won't contribute to the spread of the virus. I can't even provide evidence that peeing in a Big-C urinal won't contribute to the spread of the virus.

As difficult as it is to prove a negative, the evidence you ask me to share is there has been no such reports coming out of Phuket or Bangkok. Not a single case of Covid has been reported to have happened as a result of serving alcohol in a restaurant. If there were, the CCSA would most likely revoke permission to serve alcohol. I'm still waiting for you to explain why Pattaya should be any different.

None of this, by the way, affects me personally. I'm not a drinker, especially in restaurants. My idea of a drink is ordering soda water.

I sincerely apologize for this comparison. I really do, but I couldn't think of anything that better illustrates it: You come across, at least to me, just like a Trump supporter who is convinced Trump is right about his stolen election claims, even without any supporting evidence whatsoever. You have absolutely nothing - no evidence of any kind - to support your position, but I'm the one who doesn't get it? Ok, then I must be the one not getting it . . .

And, by the way, I have also seen no evidence from "the Thai Government...the CCSA Board Members...Thailand's Tourist and Sports Authorities" or any other source that serving alcohol in restaurants will lead, or even may lead, to the further spread of Covid. Have you seen any? If you have, I would appreciate a post showing their evidence. If I turn out to be wrong, I will admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
if the Chonburi Governor won’t listen to the Thai business interests in Pattaya he sure as hell could care less what foreigners think!
I agree. In my opinion that's part of the problem. Once they've made up their minds, there is no persuading them to even contemplate the idea that they might be wrong.

Hey, that sounds like me. Just ask Dodger . . .