Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
...the ASQ scheme was a Covid profiteering scam that (I think) grossly overestimated the number of tourists who would put up with it.
Covid profiteering, that's a good way to put it!

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
...accept that there will be some cases and some deaths but that life has to get back to normal.
Exactly! The cat is out of the sack and Covid will get everywhere and will get everyone. With lockdowns and curfews this process can be dragged out and make peoples' lives uncomfortable, or we can get over it quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
...not least because many have spent far less than usual during lockdown and are now flush with cash.

Thailand just needs to go the extra mile and ditch the quarantine requirements and other restrictions that are messing up the tourist scene, which could happen as soon as Nov 1st, but more likely Dec 1st I suspect; and see tourism from europe back to full strength after Xmas.
That varies widely. One of my acquaintances lost a lot of money due to Covid and has to postpone his retirement for years.

Flights have to be arranged, package trips organized. It might already be too late to take advantage of this High Season, and all the improvements too late, too little.