Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Expat Vaccine Registration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Expat Vaccine Registration

I had this very type discussion on Tiktok just this morning no less.

Where with an American who had recently moved to Phuket at the start of the pandemic there "to get away from being told what to do about wearing masks and getting his vaccine in the States" as " he was no sheep and he was a free man and no one would be telling HIM what to do etc" posted along the lines of "this lockdown (in phuket) is shit, everywhere's closed, they need to open up the place NOW!"

I pointed out to him that as the vast majority on Thai's were still unvaccinated and even the ones who were probably only had lesser vaccines than in the West etc to do that at this point, with the Delta variant about to run rampant would be foolish to say the least. I was then told I watched too much MSM ( main stream media) news and things were't half as bad as being reported and "he was fine' ( obviously after getting vaccinated in the Sates so he could travel !) and that I was probably the type that drove alone in my car with a mask on while driving ( I don't) and that I was "obviously" a sheep !

I just despair / get angry with people like that as they're happy to throw their bullshit opinions and "facts" around like confetti ( which other stupid people then accept as fact and worse still perhaps then act on them re no masks and not getting vaccinated etc) but GOD FORBID they actually open their eyes, do some research and find out things for themselves such as the "numbers of people infected and that daily growth rate etc etc" - but no, again I was told, almost like a badge of honour, that "he doesn't accept ANY information from the media" and instead prefers "youtube" as that's where the REAL truth is posted - I'm guessing Parlor would also be a favourite source of his.

It just pains me / make me SO angry that people like him are running about Phuket and other cities in Thailand ( and the World) still telling anyone who'll listen "this is all nonsense you know, you dont need any vaccine, the virus doesn't even exist blah blah blah ". I believe various Governments are actually talking about bringing in Laws to stop the likes of him posting such blatant misinformation and in this guys case and the seemingly many stupid people like him I just hope those laws comes sooner rather than later - and yes in this case FUCK free speech laws - needs must.

Likewise then all the "educated" people who choose not to get vaccinated - which I'm fine with - should I feel also be made to sign a disclaimer barring them from any further Covid related treatment in the future should they get Covid, that at least would be one great way of thinning out the herd somewhat by natural selection from the seemingly ever increasing amount of entitled who better idiots who seem to be crawling out of every corner of the internet of late - better they just shut up before they kill some poor innocent who is daft or uneducated enough to listen to them !

There, rant over :-) Carry on :-)

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (July 25th, 2021), billyhouston (July 25th, 2021), Dodger (July 25th, 2021), lukylok (July 25th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 25th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 25th, 2021)