FAQ & Help

Thread: My quest for a Visa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Weather forecast at home and for Bangkok:
    Yep, it’s a no brainer goji, but since I am not up to following in your and gerefan2’s footsteps, I’ll just have to brace myself for the awful British winter weather to come and bide my time.

Talking of the weather, in the early hours of the morning I was vaguely aware of far away loud banging noises - they sounded like explosions, but I didn’t get up to investigate. Later on, I found out the noises were caused by a rare phenomenon called thundersnow (see short video below). And, when I eventually got up and looked out my window, I saw that it had again snowed overnight (see photo below).

Snow02.jpg

And, not for the first time, my thoughts immediately turned to Thailand and the house I once owned in Hua Hin. It occurred to me, if I had not sold it, it would have made the perfect bolthole to ride out the pandemic. It had a beautiful garden, a swimming pool and, just a short drive away, several beautiful beaches. But alas, selling it seemed like the right decision at the time. But [long sigh] no point wishing for the impossible and, as the entirely apposite proverb reminds us, If ifs and ands were pots and pans . . .
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 5th, 2020), goji (December 5th, 2020), seenus (December 5th, 2020)